Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What sights are you using?

Trident

dawson adjustable target rear and a 265 and 285 FO front and melted Detla point with the dot on my open Pro, note i only Have Pro's.

note i just look through the rear sight and when the front site is close to center i fire. unless of couse it is a texas star or =.

I began shooting Limited with my .40 Pro. I bought an adjustable rear sight from Novak, but never got around to installing it because the 185 gr Precisions were going to right where I wanted/needed. I swapped out the green fiber for red and have been quite content since.

Edited by wgj3

• 2 weeks later...

My Production M&P 9 wears Dawson standard serrated rear with the wide notch and the front is their .115 (I think) F/O.

Not the skinniest post but pretty good. MUCH faster both indoor and out.

The rest of my carry/home M&Ps still have the stock sights (mainly because I can run 'em fast and I haven't dropped the $$ to retrofit the rest of the fleet).

Still run the factory Novak rear and green front on my Pro. I think they work just fine. The only thing I plan on doing is cutting 50 lpi serrations on the back of thear rear sight to match my 1911s. Something about looking at serrations, just a continuity thing I guess.

George

Thanks 9x23Guy. I ordered and installed the Warren Tactical rear sight that you suggested. I went with the .125 Dawson front sight (.180 high) and the new sights work great. Huge improvement over the Dawson adjustable and the stock sights.

I had Bowie Tactical/Trijicon fronts on one gun, got another with Warrens. The Warren rear definitely ate jacket linings at a much higher rate, it was much sharper. Replaced the rear it with a Bowie-save jacket linings and the shape seems to blend with the slide, and I like the serrated rear surface much better. On another M&P, factory sights-blacked out the rear dots, as they are distracting to me, added a dot of Testor's orange in the front (plinking gun). After shooting it, I'm wondering why I even bought the Bowies, there is just nothing wrong with the factory Novaks for my shooting and the Novaks are definitely better for carry. Might be a bit pickier if I was shooting competition, but I've come full circle and decided that the Novak sights were right the first time, at least for carry/casual stuff for me..at least with a little Sharpie applied. Don't think I'll pull the Bowies off the two guns I have them on, but will leave well enough alone on the two I don't. Cheap enough tinkering but learned that I didn't need to tinker with that part of the gun.

If you look at my scores you will see I'm not using them but my 9L wears a Dawson adjustable target rear and a 265 FO front. The sight picture matches my STI very close.

Walt

Wait, I thought those things were just for looks.. Am I supposed to be using them for something?... :mellow:

Well, as of today I'm testing a Warren tactical rear (.140W notch) and F/O .180 X .115W Front and have another set of 10-8 .100W X .160H Front as I wanted to try to lower high to raise the POI. I like a .100 front sight but I'm thinking that the .100 front .140W rear will be too much space for me but I'll test it.

Next, I'm going to test a set of Trijicon HD's to compare again the Tru Glo's and sevela others. Not clear if these have tritium vials or paint like the HK's.

I've had Sevigny's, Dawson Adjustables and now all my Glocks have D.R. Middlebrooks Tactical Shooting Sights.

The sight picture is amazing, the Sevigny's were ok but couldn't get them Zero'd, the Dawsons were ok but the adjustables

walked on my gun sometimes. The Tactical Shooting Pro Sights are stronger than fixed sights and are adjustable.

Everybody that shoot's my gun says, damn that sight picture is Awesome.. What good is having sight's on your gun

if you can't have them Zero'd exactly to POA/POI..

http://www.tacticalshooting.com/about-pro-sights/

Edited by bigtimelarry