Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Pro-Series Qualifier

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, I've never had a chance to be in the pro series, but I seem to be able to get sponsors Maybe that can be done anyway? I think by the time you get on the pro series, you just might have already been noticed by sponsors or even helped get them from some of your friends. There may be other shooting show that get you out there or you might win something significant...just some thoughts for you Jessie

Hmmmm, I've never had a chance to be in the pro series, but I seem to be able to get sponsors Maybe that can be done anyway? I think by the time you get on the pro series, you just might have already been noticed by sponsors or even helped get them from some of your friends. There may be other shooting show that get you out there or you might win something significant...just some thoughts for you Jessie

It was pretty easy to get sponsors back when there was only 100 shooters and one match. Nowadays it ain't so easy Curt.

When there was only one match it was capped at 250 shooters and it filled every year. It was very difficult to get sponsors because there was only one match a year, so I am missing your point Jessy.

The point is you wouldn't understand what it's like to get sponsors as a new shooter. Since you have had your sponsors for a long time.

It's a lot harder to get noticed today since winning matches requires beating a lot of seasoned shooters such as yourself.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

From what I have seen it doesn't require wins to get sponsors, in many cases it appears it doesn't even require top 16 finishes. I'm not pointing fingers at anybody in particular just a general observation. I've been in the prize table line ahead of lots of guys with big names on their shirts for years and I just got some help last year.

Curt, Jessy....that's funny

Edited by TMC

I know quite a few guys who have a fair amount of sponsorship, who have never won a major match. The are stead fast supporters of products they believe in or use and are great representatives for those companies. As for beating Dinosaurs like me it isn't that hard, and I doubt it will get you noticed that much.

Until one of my favorite breweries becomes a sponsor I will have no use for them. Those sponsors want you to be nice to people and represent their brand and stuff. I don't care what gear people use or where they stayed last night, I just want to enjoy the sport with people I like. For me it will never be about what logo is on the shirt, or what company gave free shit to who, I support the brands that support the MATCHES that I like, not the shooters that I like. I don't shoot an M2 because Kurt does, I shoot one in spite of the fact that he does. I use Seekins parts, JP parts, I shoot at MGM steel, I use Montana Gold and Nossler bullets, these companies and those like them sponsor the matches I like. But the most important supporter of tour sport is those people that participate, show up to set up the match, RO, serve as MD, and pay the entry fee. I go the the office 5+ days a week to support my family and all of our hobbies, hell I think I should put my employers name on my shooting shirt, that is until I convince my wife to work harder so that I can retire and play full time. Then I will put her picture on my shirt.

This thread has gone off the rails. What it really needs is a good shot of high temperature coating to get it back on track!

Until one of my favorite breweries becomes a sponsor I will have no use for them. Those sponsors want you to be nice to people and represent their brand and stuff. I don't care what gear people use or where they stayed last night, I just want to enjoy the sport with people I like. For me it will never be about what logo is on the shirt, or what company gave free shit to who, I support the brands that support the MATCHES that I like, not the shooters that I like. I don't shoot an M2 because Kurt does, I shoot one in spite of the fact that he does. I use Seekins parts, JP parts, I shoot at MGM steel, I use Montana Gold and Nossler bullets, these companies and those like them sponsor the matches I like. But the most important supporter of tour sport is those people that participate, show up to set up the match, RO, serve as MD, and pay the entry fee. I go the the office 5+ days a week to support my family and all of our hobbies, hell I think I should put my employers name on my shooting shirt, that is until I convince my wife to work harder so that I can retire and play full time. Then I will put her picture on my shirt.

This thread has gone off the rails. What it really needs is a good shot of high temperature coating to get it back on track!

I'll give you a 25% discount on anything in my catalog if you will wear a picture of me on your jersey!

I don't think anything is official until buy rumor has it that the show is going to be an hour long next season. They talk like the format is going to be much more like the sports coverage we see from golf or bowling etc. Rumors also has it that the qualifier match is going to be covered with two episodes.

Heck if I had any money to sponsor someone is be throwing it at guys like Warren Becker, Kyle O'Glee, Joel Turner, Rick Birdsall and Mike Chambers. These guys are going to get a lot of coverage in the qualifier match. That type of TV exposure cost a lot more than a few rifles, some ammo, and a jersey which USA lot more than the average "sponsored" shooter gets.

Just think how many sponsors would fit on my big ass jersey. Unfortunately no pro series qual match for me. Too expensive with building a house and a new baby. Oh well maybe next year if (NO WHEN) I qualify again

Jacob

I'll give you a 25% discount on anything in my catalog if you will wear a picture of me on your jersey!

If you had jerseys printed with you flashing thumbs and smiles in photo-real glory I bet there would be people who would PAY you for the privilege of wearing them. You are after all a former mayor and real life celebrity!

As for Warren getting sponsored, I am all for it, as long as he does not go all crazy and switch to a different division.

Hmmm....if his picture were on shirts I think an application of a high temperature coating would be in order....just so as not to blind US meer mortals.

Edited by kurtm

When I got my invite it looked like they extended it down another 10 slots or so since about that many couldn't make it. Now it looks like they are extending to any semi pro. You still have to qualify though!

Jacob

Hmm is that fair for the guys that tried to make all the matches? I mean now a guy who shot just 1 match can jump right in, not just the top 25 or whatever it was.

I passed up a Pro-Series invitation last year due to military deployment conflicts that would have prevented me from making the mandatory matches. Chad very graciously offered me an exemption so I could still play, but it just didn't feel right competing outside the scope of what everyone else on the Pro-Tour had to do.

Instead, I invested very heavily in last years Semi-Pro season and shot every match that time, funds, and personal responsibility would allow; I really had a great time participating in the points "race" and getting to hang out with a lot of good friends, both old and new. If I weren't currently deployed, I'd really love to go head to head against all the Semi-Pros in this Qualifier match. I don't have a problem with opening up the Qualifier to all Semi-Pros, but don't like the way this decision was made at the last minute. I suspect it has to do with the fact a lot of Semi-Pros decided to skip the Qualfier due to the increased cost of the Pro-Series.

I personally can't justify paying the increased cost to play in the Pro-Series next year (assuming I made the cut) and I won't be home in time to shoot the first part of the season anyway, so for me it's not even an option. I think 3GN is great and wish them success, but think the heavy initial "start-up cost" of the Pro-Series, coupled with travel and lodging expenses, is moving this Series outside the practical realm for most shooters. If the Semi-Pro game remains affordable like it was last season, I'll be all in on that again. For those who can afford to play the Pro-Series game, kick some ass for me.

:cheers:

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

All, we would like to comment on why 3GN has opened up the Qual Match to all Semi-Pro competitors from 2012:

We don't enjoy making changes late in the game, but the fact is we had low participation for this particular match – as it is the first one of its kind for 3GN. We want the best shooters we can get, and just as importantly the ones that want to be there! Regardless, the 16 available slots for the 3-Gun Nation pro series will still have to be earned through this qualifier match in St. Augustine – and based on the names that have registered thus far, this should be a great match.

Also, we can appreciate those that feel $1,300 for the four (4) following Pro Series matches is a high cost, as it is on the surface. But of course it is 100% payback, includes sponsored prize money, tv coverage and more. They were also created for a 1-day format to minimize time spent away from home and work.

We certainly don't claim to be the only game in 3-gun, we never have. Giving the masses the level of coverage we feel the sport deserves, as best we can, in hopes to continue to drive new interest to the sport. Which we hope continues to result in more major Outlaw matches, and a big groundswell at the local level through programs such as our new Club Series.

That's our philosophy - give the sport of 3-gun exposure, programs and prize incentives at every possible level – Pro, Outlaw Majors, ladies, juniors, local clubs and more. Our mission is to increase participation across the board, and grow the sport as a whole.

So for those who have signed up for the semi-pro series in 2012 – and want to make a run at the game's best, feel free to contact us at contact@3gunnation.com. Also feel free to email us with any other questions you may have in the future.

Also, you'll get a faster response to forum questions at http://3gn.ar15.com/forums/b/13_3_Gun_Nation.html.

- 3GN

3GN Opens Qualifier Match to All Semi-Pros

Posted on 1/23/2013

Calling All 3-Gun Nation Semi-Pros!

Want to take your shot in the 3GN Pro Series Qualifier Match? There are remaining slots currently unused by initial invitees, so 3GN is opening up the Qual Match to all competitors who competed in 2012 as a 3GN Semi-Pro.

That’s right, now’s your chance to shoot a one day match in St. Augustine, Florida, make the cut, and then qualify for the 2013-2014 3-Gun Nation Pro Series Tour. Compete in cash payout matches, all before television cameras, and earn points toward the 2014 3GN Rumble on the Range in Las Vegas, for a shot at $50,000.

But you’ll need to act fast if you want in. Remaining slots will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, and will cap when match is full.

To apply, send your request to compete, along with your name and 3GN ID number, to contact@3gunnation.com. 3GN staff will reply to confirm you as in or out.

3-Gun Nation Pro Series Qualification Match

Where: Ancient City Shooting Range, St. Augustine, FL (http://www.attac-fl.com/)

When: Feb. 9

Format: One-day, five-stage match; short, fast courses of fire

Match Fee: $75

Awards: A slot on the 2013-2014 3GN Pro Series Tour! (Note: the cost of the upcoming Pro Tour is $1,300; competitors should not compete in the Qual Match if they do not intend to pay and compete on the 3GN Pro Tour)

Hmm is that fair for the guys that tried to make all the matches? I mean now a guy who shot just 1 match can jump right in, not just the top 25 or whatever it was.

Coming from someone who worked his ass off, put off family, work, and pretty much everything else to get into this match I'll say no it's not fair. It really takes the wind out of your sails for making the top 25. I feel duped and disappointed.

I dont think it is fair either. Also found out women entry fee is a lot less than men's. I am all for them having series and competing but in any other match fees are the same for all. I bet they get more tv time than average male so why should they pay less. This is starting to feel more like a money maker than a pro series to promote the sport.

If it helps anyone make their decision on the match, there should be more than 16 slots available as well. Not sure how many, but some of last years "pros" are opting out this year. That should open up some additional slots for new competitors.