Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New XDM 5.25 owner

Zmego

Mine has a Springer Precision trigger, extended mag release, narrow FO front sight and grip stippling. It needs nothing else.

Another vote for this.

Can skip grip stipple and use skate tape but trigger/front sight (narrower: fiber optic or not) is your best value.

I have done some research on trigger jobs and it seems like their are three main competitors, Springer Precision, Powder River Precision, and Canyon Creek. Should I purchase a "drop in" kit or send it off and have their smiths do it?

Edited by Zmego

Depenends on what you wan't and how confident you are. If you pick up a drop in it will be a huge improvment but if you wan't it down to the 2 1/2 lb mark you'll need to send it in. I would say you could with some knowledge of how everything works you could probably get down to 3 1/2 lbs by yourself. If your trying to figure which comany to go with just give them all a call they all have a different methods on how the do things but are all great guys and all stand by their work.

Depenends on what you wan't and how confident you are. If you pick up a drop in it will be a huge improvment but if you wan't it down to the 2 1/2 lb mark you'll need to send it in. I would say you could with some knowledge of how everything works you could probably get down to 3 1/2 lbs by yourself. If your trying to figure which comany to go with just give them all a call they all have a different methods on how the do things but are all great guys and all stand by their work.

Very sound advice