Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem with Forum and Lion

zhunter

Hope one of your computer genius' can help me out.

1) I upgraded my old MacBook Pro to a SSD drive, more RAM, and then went from Leopard to Lion

2) When I am looking at "New Content", I'll read a thread, hit the back button to get back to the previous page (list of new content), the thread I have just read does not show it has been read, and the page does not scroll back down to where it was previously, rather it it at the top of the page.

3) I went into the Apple store and showed the problem to the guy at the Genius Bar

4) My wife has a new Mac Air, her computer acts appropriately in this forum

5) In other forums and websites, I don't have this problem

6) The genius at the Genius Bar looked at the version of software that the Enos Forum is using and apparently there are 2 newer versions

7) Could this be the problem?

8) Is anyone else having this problem when using Lion?

The problem is with Safari... Open the Develop Tab on the top of the browser, select User Agent and then select Firefox 11.- Mac.

The go back to the main index, select a topic then go back to the main index and it should be right where you left off

Bingo

Thanks a million

All is good again

Hope one of your computer genius' can help me out.

1) I upgraded my old MacBook Pro to a SSD drive, more RAM, and then went from Leopard to Lion

2) When I am looking at "New Content", I'll read a thread, hit the back button to get back to the previous page (list of new content), the thread I have just read does not show it has been read, and the page does not scroll back down to where it was previously, rather it it at the top of the page.

3) I went into the Apple store and showed the problem to the guy at the Genius Bar

4) My wife has a new Mac Air, her computer acts appropriately in this forum

5) In other forums and websites, I don't have this problem

6) The genius at the Genius Bar looked at the version of software that the Enos Forum is using and apparently there are 2 newer versions

7) Could this be the problem?

It's possible. You will know by around mid-next week, when I will upgrade is to the latest version of the forum's software.

be

The Global Village just upgraded their version and Safari now remembers where I was in the forum list.

Yeah, I was just gonna say, they upgraded to 3.3.4 and now when I look at the 'view new content' list and look at an item, and then go back, the item automatically drops off the list. I'm running 10.8.2 ML and Safari 6.0.2 with user agent set to default. Works on the GV, not here.