Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JM 930 front shell stop pin almost came out

LikesToShoot

I took my JM 930 down for a good cleaning the other day and tried to push out the pin the holds the front shell stop, it wouldn't budge. Today while shooting trap and during the second round, while pushing the bolt release to chamber a round it wouldn't move. The pivot pin was almost out of the receiver and after wiggling things I was able to push it back in place and finish the round. (24 out of 25 :D ) What holds this pin in place.

Thanks,

Steve

Jerry Miculek uses a bent, auto fuse to push the "hitch pin" back and forth. Polish the end of the latch while you have it out, if you're having trouble getting the first round to pop out of a fully loaded mag tube.

Thanks for the tip.

No problem getting the first round out, just a problem getting a clip right now. Mossberg's website was down yesterday. I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get them to send me a clip.

If you can find a local carburetor/electric repair shop (getting harder to find these days) take the pin to the shop along with a screen shot (at 1 minute 30 seconds)of the video posted above. They will probably have the right sized clip. An old school dirt bike or Harley shop might also have the proper sized clip.

Edited by Ming the Merciless

If you can find a local carburetor/electric repair shop (getting harder to find these days) take the pin to the shop along with a screen shot (at 1 minute 30 seconds)of the video posted above. They will probably have the right sized clip. An old school dirt bike or Harley shop might also have the proper sized clip.

Thanks, I dug deep down in the corners of my tool box drawers and finally found a few that might work. I did gat ahold of someone. (IIRC, Erica,) at Mossberg late this afternoon and she said she'd send one out ASAP. (7 to 10 days)

No charge! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The clip on my 930 fell out the other week. I'd be grateful for any info on how to obtain one of these, as Mossberg customer service doesn't want to know as I'm based in the UK and none of the shops who have Mossbergs can get parts for them either.

SteveA

I sent you a PM. I spoke with Mossberg customer service today and they are shipping me 3 clips free of charge. Just PM me your info and I will send one to you. I do plan on picking up a couple extra once I get my hands on the clip and measure it. Thanks for the link Ming. Hail Ming!!

Aaron