Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How often do you have shooting on your mind?

traindriver

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all the time, this crap of working for a living really gets in the way of shooting. I really need to hit the lottery so I can devote all of my time to shooting. Good thing my wife enjoys shooting too....

Shooting is like an addiction. The more you do it the more you want to do it. And the better you get at it the more you think about how you can get even better at it. The best part is its totally legal! :cheers:

Entirely most of the day everyday. It has pasted up what used to be on my mind most of everyday, but now at 35 shooting has passed it, and this is confirmed by my wife as well.

About the only time I don't thing about going shooting Is when I'm shooting. As soon as I leave I'm thinking when can do it again. Lol not all of the time but most of the time. Do you think I have a problem ?

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. You know its bad youre at your nieces birthday party and this is the arcade game you play the entire time

True! Im a level 2 now with police trainer shooting. lol

Today, as I was walking down the sidewalk in downtown Cincinnati, I noticed how nicely the parking meters were lined up, evenly spaced and all...I could not help counting them off in groups of 6, and contemplating where I'd make a reload.... :goof:

When driving I mentally shoot road signs. Big ones twice and small mile markers and such once, then reload after 6, 8 or 10, depending on what gun I'm thinking about at the time.

When driving I mentally shoot road signs. Big ones twice and small mile markers and such once, then reload after 6, 8 or 10, depending on what gun I'm thinking about at the time.

I do the same thing, only I add tail lights to my stages. Glad to know I am in good company, my girlfriend was quite concerned when I told her about it...

• 5 months later...

About the only time I don't thing about going shooting Is when I'm shooting. As soon as I leave I'm thinking when can do it again. Lol not all of the time but most of the time. Do you think I have a problem ?

That's how I feel too. When I'm shooting, I'm in my mental "happy place" and don't think about much. As soon as my eyes and ears come off, shooting is back on my mind.

I'm doomed in that pretty much all of my hobbies involve shooting in some way. I hunt, shoot long range rifle, pistol "stuff", skeet and other clay sports, reload, and do some small gunsmithing projects. As soon as I get one of them off my mind, there is something else taking it's spot.

Idk about you guys but I go through "spells". Right now for example, I'm in a USPSA spell. I'm picking up my G35 today and have all my parts ready to make a limited gun. I have books that I'm reading, drills I'm practicing, and am researching gun clubs to join. At this time last year, I was nose deep in an AR "spell" and was loving putting together wildcat rifles in the AR platform. Before that, I couldn't get my mind off coyote hunting. I was hunting or reading about it every moment that I was awake! Sometimes I wish that I could just bear down and focus on one thing long enough to get REALLY good. On the other hand, it's fun because I'm never bored. If I lose interest, I'm on to the next adventure.....