Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How often do you have shooting on your mind?

traindriver

All the time, but I realize it's normal and even probably healthy. When I was a teenager it was sex and BMX bikes, every hand rail was waiting to be grinded, lip in a sidewalk was a jump, wall was a wallride. Then it was ATV's, It's raining out, let's go mudding! Sunny out, Hit jumps! Hockey later in life, everything looked like a crossbar that needed a slapshot sent at it.

The main thing with all of those... Dangerous, I've broken bones in Hockey and BMX and ATV'ng, I know I'll most likely never get out of C league in Hockey, gave BMX up years ago and ATV'ng everytime I look at a huge jump... I think of my mortgage bill. But this crazy sport, I can get good at this! it gives me a reason to workout so I move faster around the course, I've yet to break a bone! Between Shooting and Sex, my mind is in a pretty good place :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have air gunned my tool buds at places that I probably shouldn't have. I am not just talking at work, but certain places at work that are very "special" and most of the guys just laughed and cut up with me except for the GF. He wouldn't take out his cell phone and take a pic, since they weren't allowed either. But it does seem to be normal. I practice reloads and get some of my shooting buds to team up and we hose down other foreman or craft during down time. Little air gun swat matches at break when leaving.

All the time, but I realize it's normal and even probably healthy. When I was a teenager it was sex and BMX bikes, every hand rail was waiting to be grinded, lip in a sidewalk was a jump, wall was a wallride. Then it was ATV's, It's raining out, let's go mudding! Sunny out, Hit jumps! Hockey later in life, everything looked like a crossbar that needed a slapshot sent at it.

The main thing with all of those... Dangerous, I've broken bones in Hockey and BMX and ATV'ng, I know I'll most likely never get out of C league in Hockey, gave BMX up years ago and ATV'ng everytime I look at a huge jump... I think of my mortgage bill. But this crazy sport, I can get good at this! it gives me a reason to workout so I move faster around the course, I've yet to break a bone! Between Shooting and Sex, my mind is in a pretty good place smile.gif

Isn't it nice to be surrounded by likeminded people?!? I feel so normal.

I know you guys are having fun, but a better question might be:

How do you think about shooting?

I think of the smoothest and sexiest transitions and reloads.

Snapping both eyes on a target I slide in a slippery sight picture. I tell my burgeoning vision "patience". Then as quick as the first on to the next target.

Reloads...well, not to be too provocative. Press the button, slide it in and bang.

And sometimes I think about shooting.

DNH

It's always on my mind, except for when I'm sleeping. It seems strange that every waking moment I'm thinking about it, but I don't dream about it.

To answer Steve's question....I think of shooting as a reflection of me, and vise-versa. I know that sounds weird. I don't smoke pot, but I think I would have to be high in order to explain it.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess to often. my wife says that is all me and my son talk about,and we are not allowed to say the word gun in the house.

so we changed the word gun for some other word. but that did not fool her.