Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colt M1991A1...I think I got a good deal...

Undrpsi

Have many .45's and Colts were never my first choice. Recently I've had a hankering for something with the prancing Colt on it...

Found an excellent/Like new Colt M1991A1 (80 Series). This gun has fired less than 200 rounds. Parkerized / matte Finish Full sized 5 inch barrel 1 Colt Magazine (7round) 3 Chip McCormick Mags (8 round) Rubber wraparound grip w/finger grooves Factory Case w/ Manual...

...with shipping and FFL charge I'' have $590 in it....good deal?

No pics (for upload) yet but I have seen pics and it looks just like he described...shoould be here Monday...

Jay

Sounds like a decent price to me...three extra magazines too :)

Yeah, that's atleast $60 right there. Even though this is an older one (park vs. matte blue) it's still a Colt.

Was seriuos considering an Iver Johnson "Thrasher" 3" super-compact. I do have a RIA Compact, a Para Goverment, and assorted Glock, Taurus, Sig's in .45 ACP. This is my 2nd Colt. I had a Gold Cup back in the day...liked it but even then thought it was cost prohibitive for what you got and someone 'had' to have it so I let it go in trade.

One of my buddies is a big Kimber fan...there nice but jeez...is there hidden gold in the frame? Even now with the plethoria of .22 1911's out there in the $270-$500 they want $799 for theirs. Yikes! (yeah, I know you're getting a convertible frame but still)...

What's funny is I am not a Glock fan but have several of them because they work. My normal carry is a G23c and I have a G21...both of them are sewing machines and for what you get, inexpensive.

With Para, Springfield, and STI all offering inexpensive 'base' pistols I thought Colt would have something lower than almost $900 but..if wishes were lolipops I'd own a candy store...

So..what's the first mod I need? :D

Jay