Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Skeet first timer

prc77

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, 22 your first time is great. Better watch out, or you'll be on a skeet field every weekend instead of shooting pistols! Ha.

I shot skeet competitively all through college, I loved it. Your first straight 25 will feel amazing... And your first 100 straight will have you smiling for a week.

Ps, if your shooting actual American Skeet, you should start high ready with face mounted to the gun every time. Only those crazy international and Olympic guys start with a low gun :)

• 4 months later...

Hello: That is great. I am still trying to break 20. I need to work on the leeds on 3, 4, and 5. I love high 8. Dust balls are fun :cheers: I like shooting low ready as well and do about the same. Keep up the good work and enjoy those 7/8oz loads. I like my 1oz #8 reloads. More BB's :devil: Thanks, Eric

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Damn nice shooting I just got into shooting skeet in the last few month and been trying to get my first 25 also just can't seem to get it best I got was a 22. I find my my self not shooting my rifles or pistols anymore..

Great shooting. My best friend and I shoot skeet with our dads when we were in college. He and I picked it up some 40 years later.

We still enjoy the heck out of it. In fact, with tax season over, we are going skeet shooting tomorrow.

He finally purchased a Glock that was tuned by my friend Taran. I will get him into some Action Pistol shooting this summer.

Again, congrats on your entry into your next great addiction. :-)