Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need recommendation: 223 and 308 bullets companies

Art Yeo

For competition pistol reloaders, Montana Gold and Zero Bullets are smaller bullet companies that produce decent bulllets. Their quality and pricing allow them to compete with big names like Hornady, Speer, Barnes and the like.

In the rifle world, are there such companies you favor for the 223rem and 308win calibers?

I'm looking to buy jacketed bullets in bulk.

But, if you know of any equivalent to the Bear Creek lead bullet producer for rifle, I'd be interested, too.

Edited by Art Yeo

You can find bulk quantities from a number of manufactures but you have to be careful with rifle bullets. At the velocities involved, you cannot have thin or irregular jackets.

You might want to have a look at what Widener's Reloading has. The have fairly good selection of bulk "mil-spec" rifle bullets.

Edited by Graham Smith

You can find bulk quantities from a number of manufactures but you have to be careful with rifle bullets. At the velocities involved, you cannot have thin or irregular jackets.

You might want to have a look at what Widener's Reloading has. The have fairly good selection of bulk "mil-spec" rifle bullets.

That's a nice link. Thanks!

Depending on the caliber, for cast, I am using Laser Cast/Oregon Trail Bullet Company. They are more vintage calibers, but also offer a line of gas checked bullets too.

Nice bullets but nearly as expensive as jacketed. I only use them for big bore revolver rounds and for my .45 70. For pistols their are better choices.

Pat

Depending on the caliber, for cast, I am using Laser Cast/Oregon Trail Bullet Company. They are more vintage calibers, but also offer a line of gas checked bullets too.

Nice bullets but nearly as expensive as jacketed. I only use them for big bore revolver rounds and for my .45 70. For pistols their are better choices.

Pat

Me, too. I tried their 44mag and 500SW --- they are pretty accurate but pricey; certainly not a bulk bullet.

Edited by Art Yeo

I shoot hornady 75 grain otm in my 5.56 loads. They sre slightly more expensive then privi bullets and there accuracy is signifantly better. I buy them in 600 round boxes. For 55 grain wideners sells hornadys in 5000 lots or montana golds would be a good choice.

For cheap 308 military pull down bullets are your best bet unless you find some imported stuff.