Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lost 40 lbs!

Big Guy

Following a brief stay in the hospital and using my buddy Nemo as inspiration, I decided to get back on track.

Weighted myself yesterday and found that I had lost 40 pounds since Mid-August.

Don’t really want to set a goal, but will keep exercising and see improvements as they come.

Following a brief stay in the hospital and using my buddy Nemo as inspiration, I decided to get back on track.

Weighted myself yesterday and found that I had lost 40 pounds since Mid-August.

Don't really want to set a goal, but will keep exercising and see improvements as they come.

Congrats!

Way to go! Keep it up! (that's the hard part) I lost 35 lbs a couple of years ago following an Atkin's style diet... I got off the diet and gained about 10 lbs back... Then I got into Karate and have lost 15 lbs and have put on some more muscle... Karate class rocks! :cheers:

You guys, like Nemo and Spanky are heros. I lost 35 a couple years ago, put 15 back on, and just lost 7 getting back into an new work out program.

It is that fight that counts, but the results are great motivator.

Mark K.

More than diet (although I still watch what I eat), I believe its more about going out and exercising.

Currently, Im going to the gym early in the morning and after work every day. It feels good to be able to run a couple of miles without having to stop to rest. Never thought I could have done it two months ago.

Edited by Big Guy

Outstanding accomplishment. Congratulations.

I ran a 1/2 marathon last year as part of a weight loss plan. I lost a total of 1lb so I can testify it is more than just lots of miles.

I am now working out a little less and eating primarily check out marks daily apple for more on the plan.

At this point I am 14 lbs into a 40 lb journey.

Thanks for the motivation!

That's completely awesome.

Just yesterday I had to double-check the chart of a patient getting IV antibiotics dosed by weight. 70-year old male weighing 319 pounds. From experience I can say that's an extremely rare combination; most don't make to Medicare age at that body weight.

• 1 month later...

Update.

As of last Sunday, I have officially lost 55 lbs.!!!

Daily routine includes a 3.5-mile run (not walk) in the morning and 2.5 mile run after work.

Edited by Big Guy

• 3 months later...