Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What happened to the Leupold 3 Gun Scope?

T Bacus

The scope is light and compact with very clear glass. I like the brightness of the reticle so far and had no problem seeing it in today's sunny weather. I will take it to the range Saturday for the first time and see how it performs. The rifle has been sitting in the safe for six months waiting for glass so I am stoked to get it to the range.

post-2458-0-21798900-1351640572_thumb.jp

SWFA has it on their website in stock, with some pics of the reticle. Agree that 1 mil hashmarks would have been better, but overall, I love mine.

I am not allowed to post links yet here, but if you go to swfa.com and search for VX-6 Multigun, you'll find a link.

I bought a VX-6 with the circle post reticle and used it in a match last week. To just look through the scope I don't really like it, the circle combined with the cross hairs is just too much in the way for me. Although I will admit that when using it in the match it bothered me less that when I just look through it. Having 6X was very nice and the fire-dot was quite easy to see.

What I am hoping I will be able to do is send the scope to Leupold and have the reticle replaced with their custom ballistic reticle. If they can combine this reticle with the fire dot it just may be perfect. For me zeroed at 200, then dots for 300, 350 and 400 and eliminate the 100 yard dot above the zero point. I also like the thin lower stadia line.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/leupold_custom_ballistic_reticle.htm

I talked to Leupold today and they said they could replace the circle dot post reticle in my VX-6 with the Custom Ballistic Reticle. The cost will be about $160. I will be sending the scope in next week and will report back here on it when it is returned.

Tim

• 4 weeks later...

Not yet, I decided to shoot a couple more matches with the scope to make sure I liked it enough to spend more money on. I'm still not 100% sold on it but close enough that I will be sending off shortly.

I'm curious how this scope stacks up next to the new vortex razor 1-6 as far as dot visibility and glass quality. I'm looking to invest in something a little more powerful for 3-gun/multigun and with similarity in investment costs for the two I'm having a tough time making a choice, the leupold is a little more enticing just because of the possibility to have a custom reticle put in while still having a similar cost total as the vortex.

• 7 months later...

Reviving from the dead as I'm looking at a VX-6 but really find the 2.5mil insufficient.

Has anyone had a custom reticle put into a VX6?

i started a thread asking this question yesterday. no answers.

I would like a vx-6 with a mil-hash reticle in .5mil increments instead of the crappy useless 2.5 mils on the SPR