Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What happened to the Leupold 3 Gun Scope?

T Bacus

Ordered one of these for the shop and sold it. Tried to order more and no distributors even have them listed any more and they are not on the Leupold web site, that i can find any way. Anyone heard anything about them?

Tim

The Multigun scope is pretty elusive. Even when I called to order mine from the Custom Shop at Leupold, the first guy had no clue was I was talking about. I finally found someone who knew the deal and they told me that only a few dealers would be getting them but they were sold directly from the Custom Shop also. I ordered mine from them directly and had it in about a week. I would call the shop on Monday and ask about them. If anyone tells you, "that's a special order item that will take 6-8 weeks" or "that's not a scope (or SKU) that we carry in the Custom Shop", just ask for someone else or call back later and hope to get the right person.

I think it's an awesome scope (so far) for the money...

The SPR...

Funny thing is I had a distributor that had them listed by Leupold product number, and in stock. Now I can't find the product number anywhere, and the distributor no longer has them listed at all on their site.

Edited by T Bacus

DSG was one of the big distributors for this scope but I heard (from the Custom Shop) that a few others had them also. I have my box for mine and it has a SKU of 0 30317 91415 8 on it but I don't see a "product number" on it. I hope they didn't stop selling them.

Are these the same scope? I found an article that calls it a VX-6.

http://www.leupold.c...x24mm-30mm-cds/

http://www.leupold.c...es/vx-r-patrol/

And have you seen the big price increase for th CQBSS!!

No, they are part of the VX-6 line but they are a "special build" just for 3 gunners. They have the firedot SPR, which the the other VX-6 scopes don't have.

Thanks for the info. Anyone have a pic of it? What's it cost? Can you use it on a 308?

Are these the same scope? I found an article that calls it a VX-6.

http://www.leupold.c...x24mm-30mm-cds/

http://www.leupold.c...es/vx-r-patrol/

And have you seen the big price increase for th CQBSS!!

No, they are part of the VX-6 line but they are a "special build" just for 3 gunners. They have the firedot SPR, which the the other VX-6 scopes don't have.

The SPR...

Funny thing is I had a distributor that had them listed by Leupold product number, and in stock. Now I can't find the product number anywhere, and the distributor no longer has them listed at all on their site.

Which distributor had it before? I deal mostly with RSR and Ellett and neither of those reps had even heard of the darn scope when I asked about it.

DSG Arms shows them in stock right now for $950. VX-6 Multigunner 1-6x24 with SPR Firedot reticle. Go get 'em!

-Randy

The problem is I don't want to buy one for myself, at retail. I want to buy them at dealer and sell them in my shop.

Leupold is shooting themselfs in the Foot.

Other companies,, Have jumped on the 3 gun Wagon and had 3 Gun Scopes out years before,,

people are finding out that a so called 3 gun scope,,,

is the best all around scope for all types of shooting. not just 3 gun,,

Leupold is late in the game..

A shooter on my squad at our local match had one this weekend. Looked through it and..... while the glass was good the crosshairs were very thick and blocked out a lot of detail on targets after about 100 yards. I don't know if you could see a 8" plate at 200+ yards due to the thickness of the crosshairs.....:mellow:

A shooter on my squad at our local match had one this weekend. Looked through it and..... while the glass was good the crosshairs were very thick and blocked out a lot of detail on targets after about 100 yards. I don't know if you could see a 8" plate at 200+ yards due to the thickness of the crosshairs.....:mellow:

That's been my only complaint with it so far...glad you mentioned as I forgot to above but I totally agree with you. Hopefully they come up with a better reticle soon...

I work for a Leupold distributor. I can certainly look into ordering them for a retail gun shop.

Is there any way you can get word to them that making the stadia thinner would increase its usability and help them sell a metric f*#k ton of them?