Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore now score IDPA

SauconValley Shooter

Good Morning,

I have been using Practiscore for the Hellertown USPSA practice match I run. It is a great smart device application. With a donated wireless router for the range, it takes less than a minute after the last shot of the match to sync the devices and present the match results.

Practiscore now supports IDPA scoring. There is one holdup, there is bug for iDevices not on iOS 6, but a fix has already been made and the update will be available in a few days. We are going to try using Practiscore today for the Phillipsburg Pistol Club IDPA match. I am looking forward to the extra free time when I do not have to enter scores from score sheets.

Good Afternoon,

As to "where do you get it?", Practiscore with IDPA scoring is an application for an Apple device. On an iPhone or iPad Practiscore is a free download from the App Store.

As to how we run the matches, at both Hellertown PA and Phillipsburg NJ, we run two squads and require two iDevices and a wireless router. The stage information is input before the match on my iPhone. Registration is done on one device and the shooters are separated into squads on the device. Just before hammer down, the devices are sync'ed. The squads shoot the match and scoring is done on the squad's device. At the end of the match, the devices are sync'ed again and the results are ready.

At Easton PA next year, we are done now until March, we will require more devices as we have three or four squads. I sent an email out to the Phillipsburg shooters about our first use of Practiscore and several shooters came with their iDevices already loaded with Practiscore.

The key is to have a wireless router to allow the devices to sync.

Don't see anything about it on practiscore.com. where can you find it?

I have been using PS on my iPad as the master device for some time, with the stage devices being Nooks. I did not see the new version in the upgrades in the play store, but did a search for Practiscore, installed the one I found and it was the new version with IDPA support. hOWEVER, I have been told by PS support that it will be some time before theAndroid version will have IDPA support.

We have been using Nooks for several months in our IDPA matches, since the Time Plus option. You just set up the appropriate penalties in a time Plus match.

Mark K.

When you create a new match, IDPA is one of the match types.

Ok, found it. Next question, I built a match, added shooters and when I go to score points down for target 1, it kicks out of the app. It doesn't matter if I use the +/- buttons or key in a number it still kicks out.

When you create a new match, IDPA is one of the match types.

Ok, found it. Next question, I built a match, added shooters and when I go to score points down for target 1, it kicks out of the app. It doesn't matter if I use the +/- buttons or key in a number it still kicks out.

Yes - I have same problem on Apple iPhone 4

Here is the response from Practiscore about the IPDA problem:

"Yeah, we discovered this problem on Friday. It happens when setting points down in IDPA on devices running an iOS version less than iOS 6. I submitted a fix for Apple review on Friday night so it should hit the app store this weekend or possibly next Monday."

Mark K

Alan,

I just downloaded this and am trying it on my droid.

Do you "build" stages as in USPSA? (Listing the number of targets and the shots per target, etc?

How do you enter points down, just the total points down for the whole stage as .5 penalties?

Thanks,

Koski

I submitted a fix for Apple review on Friday night so it should hit the app store this weekend or possibly next Monday."
You'll have to excuse my questions but the last programming I did was Fortran and PC, what are we going to be looking for as the fix? A new PS app or something else?

I submitted a fix for Apple review on Friday night so it should hit the app store this weekend or possibly next Monday."
You'll have to excuse my questions but the last programming I did was Fortran and PC, what are we going to be looking for as the fix? A new PS app or something else?

An update version to the app. Another problem (syncing between the iOS version and Android versions was discovered today), so another fix on either the Android version or the iOS version will probably be coming.

Mark K.

Another problem (syncing between the iOS version and Android versions was discovered today)
but the android version doesn't support IDPA scoring yet.?

That is correct, not directly, but we also run USPSA on it, that that is where there is a problem with the new iOS version.

Mark K.