highxj

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I played with one of these this weekend and am very impressed. I think this is worth the bucks, particularly if you go back and forth between 1911/2011 platforms and the CZ. It makes them nearly identical after the first shot. The DA has never been an issue for me (well, post eerw I should say) but I can't feel the click of the CZ resetting and the dramatic shortening of the SA trigger stroke with this mod is the bomb. If you only shoot a DA/SA CZ and are used to the SA trigger stroke it might not be as big a deal.

I have this done also. I agree, SA mode is a lot like a 1911 now. Where the trigger resets is basically where it stays. I don't have anything bad to say about it for sure. I've only shot about 100 rounds with it so far but I like everything about it.

This is me. I use both an STI as well as a CZ Shadow. Mine is currently at CZC getting the SRT done as well as having the silver polycoat frame refinished back to black. Should hopefully have it back by the end of the week!

I played with one of these this weekend and am very impressed. I think this is worth the bucks, particularly if you go back and forth between 1911/2011 platforms and the CZ. It makes them nearly identical after the first shot. The DA has never been an issue for me (well, post eerw I should say) but I can't feel the click of the CZ resetting and the dramatic shortening of the SA trigger stroke with this mod is the bomb. If you only shoot a DA/SA CZ and are used to the SA trigger stroke it might not be as big a deal.

• 3 weeks later...

CZ2.jpg

Here's my Shadow with the SRT on top of a Shadow without. Mink built this gun and installed the SRT, and then I put in the 85 trigger. Both guns have their hammers cocked, and you can see just how much pre-travel is removed by installing the SRT mod.

I have two SP01's that Matt Mink has done the trigger on. I think the triggers are great. I do not know if he installed the SRT. I don't have any other guns to compare it to. How can I tell?

I have two SP01's that Matt Mink has done the trigger on. I think the triggers are great. I do not know if he installed the SRT. I don't have any other guns to compare it to. How can I tell?

See the picture above. Where does the trigger rest with the hammer cocked?

Also, you would know because he would have asked you if you wanted it (assuming he did your guns since the SRT became available a month or two ago) and he would have charged you for it.

I talk to a gunsmith at CZC and it sounds like they mod the disconnector but I'm not sure what else they are doing. What I want to know is Why this can't be used on the guns with firing pin blocks I would guess it's because of the long reset but CGW should have a part out to fix that at the beginning of next month. I wonder if you could combine the Two and have the best of both worlds?

Also sounds like after they have some time under there belts with this mod they might release a drop in part/parts.

Edited by thompsoncustom

Thanks. I'll use that picture for a comparison today. Matt did mine one of mine this summer the other is older, so I have to assume the do not have the SRT.

Yep, both of those build dates predate the release of the SRT.

I talk to a gunsmith at CZC and it sounds like they mod the disconnector but I'm not sure what else they are doing. What I want to know is Why this can't be used on the guns with firing pin blocks I would guess it's because of the long reset but CGW should have a part out to fix that at the beginning of next month. I wonder if you could combine the Two and have the best of both worlds?

Also sounds like after they have some time under there belts with this mod they might release a drop in part/parts.

with a FPB it takes extra fitting because the trigger bar has to reset to the sear and the fpb, and then there's twice as much that has to get perfect. not saying it can't be done, but might as well just get a shadow instead of invest the extra time in labor cost. too bad we can't just dump the fpb like pre 2008.

Edited by burningsquirrels

I'm not sure how much extra fixing would be required with CGW new FPBL hes working on. Here's a pic

FPBP07Shadow0012.jpg

The only thing u wouldn't be able to do is change the angle because it uses a set screw.

I would love you throw this SRT mod by CZC on my 75B but not sure if it can be done at this point.

I'm not sure how much extra fixing would be required with CGW new FPBL hes working on. Here's a pic

FPBP07Shadow0012.jpg

The only thing u wouldn't be able to do is change the angle because it uses a set screw.

I would love you throw this SRT mod by CZC on my 75B but not sure if it can be done at this point.

nice... i've been toying with the same idea for the sear and trigger bar in a couple places, i just don't have the time or means to try it

Have you seen this?? I just last week took delivery of my Shadow 75 SDP and wish I had known about this mod! Not sure if I can link it but go to CZ Custom's site and it's on the first page...I'd like to know what's involved, love to try it.

My Shadow Custom arrived at my FFL today. Figure I will shoot it a while and send it back for the new trigger.

Bad timing on my part.

Never bad timing when you ate getting a new CZ. Lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My two Shadows with the SRTS on top:

post-354-0-89362200-1358034369_thumb.jpg

My two Shadows with the stock trigger on top:

post-354-0-45306700-1358034444_thumb.jpg

Shadow Target has the CZ85 Combat trigger, stock Shadow has the Recurve trigger.

When I tried the DA pull on the Shadow Target today, I laughed myself silly. Stuart did the final work on it - that trigger is insane.

Okay, I've been wondering for a long time, but I still can't figure it out. Since this mod is clearly illegal for Production, are there really that many folks using Shadows in Limited? Why not just start single action with the safety on?

Edited by mpolans