Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb Rest for 1911

The_Vigilante

What type of thumb rest are you talking about? The thumb safety should be your thumb rest.

Are you talking about an old school thumb rest built up on the grip, or an IPSC g a s p e d a l for your weak hand thumb?

Will the lid on the IDPA box close with this thumb rest of yours on the pistol?

The aforementioned g a s p e d a l would not be legal as it is not an approved modification which is a finite list.

Edited by Steve J

• 6 years later...

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but it is on topic for my question.

With the 2017.3 rules update, i wanted to see if there was any one that was using a "thumb rest" / Gas Peddle in ESP based on the 8.2.2.2 ESP Permitted Features and Modifications (Inclusive list): BB. Swenson style thumb shields and frame mounted thumb shields.

Also, as I prepare to build my gun and thinking, there is :Z. Slide checkering, serrating, engraving, and other machining.

Does that include lightening cuts, as this may bring the Shadow 2 down to weight with a few other thoughtful enhancements.

Edited by Andy9

5 hours ago, Andy9 said:

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but it is on topic for my question.

With the 2017.3 rules update, i wanted to see if there was any one that was using a "thumb rest" / Gas Peddle in ESP based on the 8.2.2.2 ESP Permitted Features and Modifications (Inclusive list): BB. Swenson style thumb shields and frame mounted thumb shields.

I'm pretty sure that is in reference to a shield by your thumb safety to keep your strong hand thumb from touching the slide.