Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun Safe Recommendation

Don't know what your situation is, but I bought one from these guys:

http://www.zanottiarmor.com/safes.htm

They have a model that is 25" wide. They're a little pricey, but at the time I bought mine I was living in an apartment. The ability to disassemble and move the safe myself has come in handy a couple of times. Outstanding customer service, and workmanship. When the guy in Iowa answers the phone, he's the guy who owns the place.

I'm by no means a a safe expert, and I've never been broken into, so I have no evidence of their ability(thankfully). But I have some technical knowledge of metal fabrication. The precision of manufacture is really pretty good. I believe that these safes would withstand anything that a one piece safe would.

Hope it helps,

Kevin

I'm looking to buy a (American made) gun safe, that willl be bolted to the floor in the living room. It only needs to be 2' wide though. Any recommendations will be appreciated.

I've had good luck with my Liberty safe for the last decade or so. Looks like they offer a narrow model, designed to fit in closets -- don't know if they offer that in more affordable trim lines as well.

I have a Bear safe made in Oklahoma. It was inexpensive (relative to other ones) but very well made. It takes 2 keys to unlock. The door is tied to the side when locked. If I get another one it will be the same kind.