Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI Load for AET Barrel

jetdriver71

Anyone out there with experience in reloading for an SVI 5" gun with an AET barrel. I'm trying to find an accurate load that meets major PF. I have a SVI sight tracker 5" barrel with extended dust cover in stainless steel. Love shooting this thing but I'm having a hard time getting it to group well. I'm shooting from a rest at a 25 yd. target. I've been using VV N320 5.4 gr. OAL 1.23". Thanks for any help. What do you consider or expect a comp gun should group?

You don't mention the brand or type of bullet that you load. That can and will make a big difference on accuracy and grouping of shots. That said what several of us here are using in our SVI's with AET barrels is 5.2 of Titegroup under a MG 180 CMJ at 1.230 OAL. It normally gives us about 172 PF.

Brian

My new load for my 5" Bedell gun with AET barrel is:

180gr Xtreme plated bullet

4.8gr Alliant American Select

1.17" OAL

170 PF

Shoots very nicely, and I guess its pretty accurate?

Ive never really taken the time to shoot for groups. I can put several shots pretty close to the center of the A at 25yds if I halfway take my time, So thats good enough for me. :cheers:

I only use VV320. Yes, in all my barrels: Schuemann, Kart, and Nowlin this load is very accurate. I have used both MG and Zero 180 grain JHP and Zero 200 grain bullets.

Quite frankly, my guns are more accurate than my skill level. With my poor eyesight, 25 yards accuracy is hard to be consistent, however at 15 yards which is easy with my eyes the load produces 3-5 shots with one hole.