Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best load 2 system

I have experience with all of the 'load-two" systems.

For my money you would be best served with the gear from Carbon Arms.

The Pinwheel is my favorite as it is the most versatile for configurations.

The "back bore" is the heat when you know you need 2 dozen or more shell on hand for the job in front of you.

I have yet to break a single piece of equipment from CA and these guys are 3 gunner's just like us!

Patrick

I primarily use the Carbon Arms TWinS FSL-8 and 12 but also use their SSL-4 pinwheels to keep slugs handy but separate. My 2 sons(14 & 12) use the TWinS SSL MOLLE system, one on a chest rig, the other on a drop leg MOLLE panel...the kids have a lot less room on their belts, so they really appreciate the extra room it gives them. We were able to shift the holders on their MOLLE panels to hold enough ammo, but so much that they get in the way...some of the other systems don't allow you to change the size...what you get is what you get.

My load times dropped immediately with this system. I love them!

So im gearing up for shot gunning and need to know what the best load 2 system is. There seems to be a couple around and need opinions on which works best

Only thing is i need to keep the shells on the belt and not on the chest

I have the Carbon Arms chest rig that holds 32 and have used it for this whole season without issue. I went from a crappy weakhand loader to very competitive weak hand loader in short order.

Initialy I thought going prone might be a problem but it hasn't been. Most stages start with shotgun and end with rifle when going prone is required. The few times I have had to go prone with a full vest has not been a problem.

All of Carbon Arms products are top notch for two reasons. 1) Mark is an failure analysis engineer :devil: overthinker 2)Mark and James are both shooters :cheers:

I primarily use the Carbon Arms TWinS FSL-8 and 12 but also use their SSL-4 pinwheels to keep slugs handy but separate. My 2 sons(14 & 12) use the TWinS SSL MOLLE system, one on a chest rig, the other on a drop leg MOLLE panel...the kids have a lot less room on their belts, so they really appreciate the extra room it gives them. We were able to shift the holders on their MOLLE panels to hold enough ammo, but so much that they get in the way...some of the other systems don't allow you to change the size...what you get is what you get.

They are so easy, even a 12 yr old can do it...

Here is a video of them in use by my sons from last week's FNH 3 Gun:

Edited by mark97se

Yep, same as these other forum dwellers. For belt mounted options, the Carbon Arms is your best choice. Beautiful part is that you can add to it over time as your needs change. The Carbon Arms system is just that. A system which allows the widest range of configuration options, which is highly covetted in 3gun. If you were only looking for a chest rig, I'd say choose your poison. Carbon, Otto and Chameleon are all good products and will get the job done well. As soon as you go to the belt though, or need additional flexibility, Carbon Arm's system wins hands down.

That was an awesome video. Way cool

Very impressive.

If you absolutely want load reliability the Twins Vest is the very best for the speed. my second go to is the Pinwheels with Tec-locks. But I have had my fasts time with the FLS but its not as reliable at the pinwheels or the vest.

I have not try-ed the Backbone because I like the Pinwheels too much.

The Pinwheels are what I load out the most to other shooters on my squad.

The only thing I can find lacking in the vest is -the heat-

awesome video!

so looks like the winner is carbon arms, i think i may order a fsl8 and a pin wheel. If i understand right, it looks like the pinwheel is easier to grab butt he fsl8 pack more ammo into a smaller space

My plan was keep slugs on the gun for when i need them

I have experience with all of the 'load-two" systems.

Patrick

I peg to say different. ;):)

You haven't tried FIN load 2/4 systems yet which are not in public sale.

There was also sales booth on Shotgun World Shoot offering load 2 systems which can be used also on load 4 method. My wife bought 1 belt for souvenir 50 eur.

I would make a bet that almost every division on SG WS 2012 match is going to be win by load 2 or 4 technique. (not open division).

Same thing on ladies categories, juniors and seniors.

My wild bet for standard lady winner is young lady Miculek. :)

She has done excellent job on that match.

I got a chameleon belt, which runs great and conforms to your body. And easy to spin backwards if you need to go prone. Only problem is it comes from overseas and takes a while to get. But it is also cheaper then the competition, which is another plus.

Another vote for Carbon Arms. I use the TWiNS system on both a chest rig and backbone. I was able to cut my loading time in more then half, with less then a weeks worth of practice. Shotgun loading had always been the biggest aspect of 3-Gun that was holding me back. The TWiNS system took me from finishing mid pack to a top 5 finish at RM3G. The modularity of the system is the real benefit. Mark P. and James put in a ton of time helping run matches and supporting the sport.

On the carbon arms systems, are most people that are using pinwheels buying 2 SSLp4 or 1 SSLp8? I'm just trying to figure out what system would be easier and more efficient to use for a beginner shooter?