Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Try! Double Barrel

polizei1

As another idea, why dont you stagger the 2 side arrays of targets, because from your views it looks like both the left array(3 Targets) and right(4 Targets)array's could be engaged from the one view / position. Look at rule 1.2.1.3, seen as this is a long CoF.

After you engage the 2 targets behind the drums, have an opening on the left side, so just as you clear the drums you then can engage the targets on the left, then maybe 3 steps later, another opening on the right side, you can engage the target array on the right.

Cheers ....

Edited by Kevin Pledger

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It satisfies 1.2.1.3. The reason I made it like that is to force the shooter to run down the middle and actually have to shoot from that position, but I understand what you're saying.

I like the idea of leaving the left side open from the start position, maybe I'll do that and just block off the right side.

Thanks

Without comment on the design suggestions... One of the traps of stage design is the tendency to make stages symmetrical. This is, in part, because symmetry is pleasing to the eye. But it's also because it's easier - you only have to design half of the stage. Asymmetrical stages are more interesting for the shooter because they provide more variety.

But there is another consideration that particularly applies to asymmetrical stages - you need to bear in mind that you have both right and left handed shooters. So, for example, setting up something so that someone has to lean to their right to take a shot will mean that the leftie will likely have to shoot weak hand. On the other hand, a shot that may be tough for a right handed shooter may be much easier for a leftie. This is a mistake I have made a few times.

• 1 month later...

One thing to keep in mind... RO traps.

Tight tight stages will be tough on the ro to keep an eye on the shooters gun.

So you can make the shooting lane small, but not have the walls right there for the RO to get stuck behind the shooter, and have to look over the shoulder to see the gun.

Btw, the Akai stage at Area 8 was awesome to shoot.... here is a video of it.

the Akai stage is the last one on the video, was taken with cell phone so no sound.... however I also really liked the 1st stage. In fact, I loved all of the stages at Area 8 this year.

No swingers and not a lot of steel, just a fun match.