Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to add a back button to your keyboard

benos

When I upgraded to the DasKeyboard, I lost the handy Back (and Forward) buttons that were on the left edge of my Microsoft keyboard.

I hate having to reach for the mouse unless I have to... If you want to add a Back button to your keyboard... Open System Prefs, and select Keyboard, (or Keyboard and Mouse, depending on your OS). Click the Keyboard Shortcuts button, then click the + button. Select your web browser from the drop down menu (or "Other," at the bottom, if your browser doesn't appear in the list), and hit the keystroke you want to create for "Back." A handy, one-hand keystroke is Control + ` (Tilde key). Then type the browser's EXACT Menu command for Back (mine was "Go Back) in the name field and you should be all set to back up w/o reaching for the mouse.

be

Bill you beat me to it. I just went to an iMac on my desktop. I do love me some magic mouse! lol But I'm still getting used to it, the up/down scroll kicks in when I don't want alot. But the front/back swiping is freaking fantastic! I'm really kicking myself for not going to mac years ago. Brian, be careful with those keyboard shortcuts. Unix is the king of shortcuts plus they're addictive!

Edited by Shadowrider