Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE Midwest Regional, Sept 21 - 23, 2012

Just back from the Midwest in Fallon NV.

What a wonderful match. Wendy and I had a great time. We both talked about our performance, stages, weather, competition, and prizes the whole way home. We both loved it. Nathan Carmichael, Stillwater Firearm Association, a great group of RO's, and other support staff put on a top notch inaugural match. Nathan organized a great group of sponsors to supply awards. I know what a task it can be to organize sponsors for such an event.

I was very impressed with the quality or RO's. I was told a few RO's did not have tons of ICORE experience. You would not have know from their fairness and knowledge of the game. Our Squad (1) did not have a single issue with any official. My hats off to everyone who helped Natan put on this event.

My wife and I did not have a podium finish. None the less if ICORE will have it here angain and post the sign ups today I would mail my check. Looking forward to next year.

Again from both Wendy and I, a personal thank you to all who made it such a success.

Here are the ICORE Midwest Regional, September 22 & 23, match results in xls format:

Midwest Region Results xls format

Am having some difficulty in uploading in HTM/HTML format that is easier for everyone to view, but am working on it.

It must be the new xlsx excel program. Need someone to translated to Okie math fer me. :eatdrink: But thanx for trying varminter22. :cheers: I'll keep checking the ICORE web. later rdd

This was a great match. Better than the last few regionals.I would say as good as the Irc. I hope Nathan continues to hold this match.The staff was great,the range worked out well, and lunch was very good.

Nathan is a great Match Director and he put up with my b.s. quite well. Speaking of which I thought I won Classic. The results still say I came in second... :P . Wait I found the overal results.

I would put this down as one of the matches to shoot in 2013.

Jason

Edited by TSOL1

This was a great match. Better than the last few regionals.I would say as good as the Irc. I hope Nathan continues to hold this match.The staff was great,the range worked out well, and lunch was very good.

Nathan is a great Match Director and he put up with my b.s. quite well. Speaking of which I thought I won Classic. The results still say I came in second... :P . Wait I found the overal results.

I would put this down as one of the matches to shoot in 2013.

Jason

I believe you may very well be correct. I think there were corrections made in the "protest hour" and the "scores" page was corrected but the "awards" page was not corrected.

You might want to email Nathan to get that corrected. And there may be other errors in the "awards" page of the results. I too would like to have an accurate copy!

And, thanks for the kind words. SFA was very happy to host such a great event.

Varminter22,

I am just being a pita. Everyone from Phoenix had a blast.I saw someone was taking photos and recording the awards. Where would I be able to check out the photos? I saw there are new pictures up so forget about the request for photos.

Jason

Edited by TSOL1

Varminter22,

I am just being a pita. Everyone from Phoenix had a blast.I saw someone was taking photos and recording the awards. Where would I be able to check out the photos? I saw there are new pictures up so forget about the request for photos.

Jason

Jason,

The pictures are posted here: facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.438520799533698&type=1 and facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.438945182824593&type=1 . I hope this helps, it was a pleasure having everyone there. If this happens again next year I hope to see you guys there again.

Trevor Kolbus

Thanks, Trevor. And I certainly agree!

Photos are also here: http://www.stillwaterfirearms.org/phpnuke/modules.php?name=coppermine

BUT, SFA is in the process of moving its website to a new server and using new website software. The photo gallery may go away.

But the Facebook page will remain.

Larry

Nathan and the crew at SFA did a great job! The stages were well-designed, well-built, and fun; the ROs were professional and friendly; the food was really good; and the trophies were very cool! I look forward to shooting that match again next year!

Well done!

Chris Sallee

ICORE SW Regional Rep