Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mac IOS6 and new Mac Maps App

benos

As expected, I read some horrible reveiws on the new Mac Maps app, that comes with the new OS, for iPhones, etc. So beware before "upgrading."

be

I seldom use the native mapping app. The MotionX apps are vastly superior.

BB

If you've already taken the plunge, you can get google maps back by going to maps.google.com in safari on your phone. It'll come up and prompt you to "share" it to your home screen, that is, make a screen icon that takes you directly to it. Safari opens up a mobile-optimized version of google maps, and most all your favorite features are still there. Apple maps is certainly no reason to turn around and sell a perfectly good brand new iphone 5. And google is said to be working on an iOS app for their maps.

And I didn't know about this: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/motionx-gps-drive/id328095974?mt=8

You also lose apple's built-in youtube app, but that's no great loss (I care little for youtube), and you can just go get youtube's own ios app to replace it if you want. Strangely though, youtube doesn't have a ipad version of their stuff.

Edited by wgnoyes

You also lose apple's built-in youtube app, but that's no great loss (I care little for youtube), and you can just go get youtube's own ios app to replace it if you want. Strangely though, youtube doesn't have a ipad version of their stuff.

--echo!!--

• 2 months later...