Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ or EAA?...

jkatz44

Anyone provide some info of 75 shadow vs the SP 01 shadow?

There is a lot of information about these in the CZ section of this forum. The primary difference is that the 75 Shadow does not have a full length dustcover/rail while the SP01 Shadow does. This creates a little more nose weight on the SP01 which many prefer for recoil control. The trade-off is that some feel it is more difficult for transitions. Additionally, the SP01 Shadow is much harder to make weight if you want to use it for IDPA SSP. The SP01 Shadow magwell is beveled, but the 75 Shadow is not. On the non-custom version, the 75 Shadow includes the CZC competition hammer, a stainless guide rod, and an extended firing pin, while the SP01 Shadow does not. The SP01 Shadow includes 3 magazines but the 75 Shadow only includes 2.

When looking at the CZC custom versions (my recommendation with extra work by eerw/Stuart Wong) of the two, they are basically the same gun with short vs long dust cover.

For USPSA, the SP01 Shadow holds the overwhelming majority. Not only has it been around longer, but most view the additional muzzle weight as a plus. If you are going IDPA, the 75 Shadow is tough to beat. Much easier to make SSP weight, legal for ESP, and will still allow you to play in USPSA Production.

Since you haven't bought the gun yet, maybe this will be helpful. A gentleman showed up with the "Canadian Edition" of the SP01 Shadow to a recent match and while it's almost twice the price of the regular SP01 Shadow I have it feels much nicer: thin safety, improved hammer and much-much tighter fit of the slide to the frame. So if money was no object I would have gotten that.