Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 03-17

Flexmoney

Look down at the bottom of the table legs - see the lines on the ground?? Them are the fault lines. I like redmist10's plan - shoot from the top of the table :) It's still w/in the fault lines....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that'd work for K.C. (that kid's a frickin' spider monkey). He's got hops like a mofo, yo.

Me, OTOH... I'd break the damn table.

I knew they were intended to be the fault lines, but didn't see 'em designated as such. I just went and looked at some other classifiers, and they aren't designated either. No biggy... it was late when I posted.

Wait a minute here. Where the hell are y'all coming up with your measurements for height?

Bottom of the port is at table top height. So, 48" minus 12" ('cause the port is centered) plus 30" equals 66" equals 5' 6".

Hrmmmm............

There's 36" of wall above the table. If you do the "jump on the table" thing, should have plenty of room to work with. If you're really tall, you might be able to shoot over it, but, since you're 4 feet away (the depth of the table), you'd have to be really tall :)

redmist10, wasn't meaning to call you a gamer :) I knew you were being sarcastic.... The table probably wouldn't support my a**, either....

I'd like to see this set up, sometime....

You guys are making me chuckle with this 'gaming of the classifier' stuff.

I am a die-hard gamer...through and through. The object of our sport is to find the best way to get the most points per second.

Let me throw this at you though...do you want to be the guy that moves up in classification from gaming a classifer?

Certainly not. :unsure:

It started out innocently enough with a question regarding how it was setup and shot. Would never game a classifier - what's the point? I have enough trouble trying to shoot them as written (see Barrel of Fun... <_< ).

I was merely asking if it was an option to shoot over the top (before I read the fine print detailing the height of the barrier). But it does look like someone would be allowed to shoot under the table - but it would be of little benefit.

More of an "observation" type post than an actual "gaming the classifier" type. :P

Something tells me I'll see this soon now that he thinks I'm gaming it... <_< Gotta get off the Internet :blink: It's killing my percentage!

Let me throw this at you though...do you want to be the guy that moves up in classification from gaming a classifer?

no!

If i shot nearly a master score in L10 84.xx percent, there is no need to game it..

sendro wooley must have been smokin crack on that one!!

I think it would be fun to see someone try and game it, either by jumping on the table or proning on it or under it, but it would take way longer to do this than to just shoot it straight so why bother :)

• 1 month later...

Shoot this one today. It feels like it's been a years since I've shot a classifier.

4.86/36 points/ 7.4074 hf

This felt just so-so to me. Just tried to stay smooth. 2 c's on the open left target pissed me off. Lazy shots.

• 4 weeks later...

Those of you who have shot this one. Did you shoot thru the top half of the port ( the screen) . Just did at the Charity Match in MI and it was considered soft cover, thus able to shoot thru. Who makes the official call ?

I am fairly certain that they shot that wrong and it shouldn't count as a classifer.

Rule 9.1.6 says that "Unless specifically described as "soft cover" in the written stage briefing..."

There is/was no wording that described that as softcover...the rule book would default that to hard cover.

• 3 months later...

I have a confirmation e-mail somewhere in my files from John Amidon which states

Rule 9.1.6 says that "Unless specifically described as "soft cover" in the written stage briefing..."

There is no wording that describes the mesh as softcover therefore it is hard cover.

I have a confirmation e-mail somewhere in my files from John Amidon which states

There is no wording that describes the mesh as softcover therefore it is hard cover.

Sorry I did not read this thread until today, but the original stage this classifier was derived from was Stage 5 at the USPSA 2003 Area 8 Championship. You can look at those match results to see what 300 other shooters did with this stage. The only difference is that we had the targets at 45' instead of 40'. This is a photo from the original setup. Also, as you have already found out, the screening is "HARD COVER".

Makin Change, 2003 Area 8 Championship, Stage 5

• 2 months later...

Okay, I will play on this one, if anyone is still following the thread.

Please tell me exactly how you shot this one. If I have to shoot through the port, my thought was to go to the left hand side kneeling. Then rotate right to left through the targets.

I haven't seen or shot this one, and I have it coming up as a classifier in Jan.

Thanks.