Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 03-17

Flexmoney

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this one is kinda an oddball. the regular range commands dont work(load and make ready???) :huh:

shot limited today, 37 points in 6.96 seconds..gives HF of 5.3161.

backed up and shot it in limited 10, a point or two more down, slightly faster...

i dont know if the increase in speed was worth the two points, as i really cant remember the exact time, i want to say 6.80 though. :unsure:

(edit) Limited 10 HF for that match is 5.4602 so yes the speed was worth the one point loss

i really cant see the HHF beign any more than 8.5 or so in limited. :angry:

im curious to see what the results are...

BTW i nearly lost the prop dollar (real dollar bill). :P

got my percentages today...march 15 2005.

limited 10 worked out at 84.4121 percent.

limited worked out to be 64.8565 percent...

I didnt think that there should be that much difference between L10 and Limited scores...maybe so..

In this case, at the clubs I shoot at, we tend to just say "Make Ready". It's nearly the same, you can handle the gun, check your sights, etc, everything but the "load" part. I agree it is awkward but usually by the second shooter, it's old news :)

Vince

From the current USPSA rulebook:

"8.3.1 "Load and Make Ready" -- This command signifies the start of "the Course of Fire". Under the direct supervision of the Range Officer the competitor must face down range, or in a safe direction as specified by the Range Officier, fit eye and ear protection, and prepare the handgun in accordance with the written stage briefing. {emphasis added} The competitor must then assume the required start position. At this point, the Range Officier will proceed."

You still use LAMR, but the shooter places the (in this case) unloaded gun on the table as specified, instead of loading and holstering.

HTH,

...Mark

ahh it seems the rule meisters have twisted the word Load, and seem to be confused as to what the Ready Condition is..oh well.

enough of that, anyone (besides phil terry) shot this stage yet?

next month we should have some numbers flex may be intrested in.

Limited

Limited 10

Open and Production divisions...would try revolver, but to reload just to fire two shots kinda makes me mad.

I don't think we have the data yet on this one. Will know next month though when the classifiers are updated.

Anybody want to make a guess in the meantime??

Here is my opening bid

Open, L and L10 HHF about 10

Production about 9

Damn that makes my time seem real bad Ted

That's a pretty good run including that reload in there

BTW I think our table was too high! If I was a real whiner I'd go back and measure, haha, not that it makes a difference or anything.

I pulled some 2 second reloads that match. Took an eternity to grab the gun off the table though. Still not used to the heavier frame but that gun is very fun to shoot.

Guess moonguns really are evil....... :lol:

I thought you did pretty good FWIW. This is what your second match and you were pretty far from last place? That's pretty good dude.

Ted

• 3 weeks later...
I don't think we have the data yet on this one. Will know next month though when the classifiers are updated.

Here is my opening bid

Production about 9

open about 10

limited and L10 about 9.0 and production about 8.3 or so..

its really gonna blow us all out of the water if uspsa sets it at 14.00 in production <_<

Here is my opening bid

Production about 9

Phil,

See my edit above, you are too high for Production.

5.4054HF = 77.5835%

Odd high hit factors - first of all much lower than I think they should be second L10 is higher than L?? but even more curious Production is higher than both L and L10

I don't think the HHF for L-10 is higher than Limited, though Productions HHF is higher than L-10's

The following order I have for the HHF is from lowest to highest:

Revo : Limited 10 : Production : Limited : Open

Whoops!

Ran the wrong numbers in my little file. It is Open, Limited, Limited 10 the Production in terms of hit factor. With them about 20% below my earlier estimate.

Thought I would just jump in and say something, since I had just finished doing the calculations for this classifier for use in my calculator script... :D

In the National Classification Course Book, they devote half of the opening page to NOT gaming classifiers. Short version...you aren't supposed to game classifiers.

Now, why they put that in this book (that shooters down't read) instead of putting it somewhere else....I don't know.

Shooters are governed by the rule book, not "some other publication that they don't even know about".

• 2 weeks later...
In the National Classification Course Book, they devote half of the opening page to NOT gaming classifiers.  Short version...you aren't supposed to game classifiers.

Now, why they put that in this book (that shooters down't read) instead of putting it somewhere else....I don't know.

Shooters are governed by the rule book, not "some other publication that they don't even know about".

Another question about gaming this one.

Someone want to point out to me where it specifies what the fault lines are (so we know what "engage targets from within fault lines" means)?