Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 03-11 El Strong & Weak Pres

Flexmoney

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot this recently in the 14's with 109 points in Open....should be 100%.

I've done some pretty religious work on my strong hand after I lost 50 match points because of it at South Carolina...I'm pretty happy with my progress.

Well done Jake! :)

We should shoot sometime and you can show me how you do it so fast ;)

Matt,

I'd be more than happy to shoot with ya. I saw those videos you posted from the LGC match and was VERY impressed for your first match. Very impressed.

Are you going to be shooting the special classifier this weekend? If so I'll make sure we squad up.

• 3 months later...

I had to run a 100 miles to get a new water heater so I threw in my single stack and stopped at a neighboring club for their monthly match. Burned the first stage down. Had a primer seated backwards on the second stage and gave up 2-3 seconds doing a dance around Box A while I racked the gun and farted around. Then came the classifier. Guys were trying way too hard and I saw a lot of Mikes and No-Shoots. Then it occured to me, if I just shoot a whole bunch of points and let my vision dictate the pace I could win the match. I yanked the pee out of one of the left hand shots and hit a D. Other than the D I had 18 A hits and 5 C hits in 16.57 for a 6.7592 hit factor. The reloads were nothing spectacular and neither were the draws. This classifier is about using the sights and exercising decent fire control. If guys would just back off...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This classifier is about using the sights and exercising decent fire control. If guys would just back off...

Yup.

I shot this classifier this past weekend. Of the six Limited shooters, I was the only one not to get any penalties. This allowed me, a 'B' shooter, to get the stage win over the 2 masters who were shooting Limited that day.

Indeed, on that day, the only person who beat me on that stage was a GM shooting an open... revolver.

24.27 seconds, down 5 = 67% percent by the Ohio section calculator.

• 2 months later...

I shot this one last weekend.

105pts, 23.5 seconds, my HF 4.45.

My weak hand shooting practice paid off.

But more importantly, my 1st B-class level classifier!!!

and only my 6th classifier so far, still unclassified, which will change if they ever run the scores this month!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This is a tough classifier. It is 120 points, with a no-shoot right there in the center of your shooting focus. You need to make 24 really tight shots all around this penalty target. It dosent get much harder than this. Except that 12 of your shots are one-handed. WOW! :rolleyes:

Every shot has to count, or you can just forget it.

Well today is the first time in a long time, that I have done really well on this one. I managed to shoot this in 17.91 seconds, with 109 points in Open. That's only 11 points down. Not bad. Works out to be about an 83.15%

Still I felt a little slow on the weak-handed part finding the dot. Still getting accustomed to my new Open toy! B) Only had it now for about 2 months, and this is the first real match, and first classifier I have used it in. Things WILL get better as this year goes on. ;)

Well guys, I don't have anything to compare this to.

After 17 years of not shooting at all, this stage is the first thing I shot, at the first match

I have been to.

111 points 25.05 seconds no pen, 4.4311 hit factor

I have no idea what class that really puts me in?

It was only 27 degrees and I was FREEZING my A## off and had 1 fail to feed !

For what its worth... :huh:

Jim

After 6 months off from shooting, I shot this on the 14th as well, tanked the match but ended up shooting this in 24.48 seconds with 105 points for a hit factor of 4.2892. The calc says 61.6884% :unsure: Ive got some work to do!

STEP #1: Take that rubber-band off your holster. It's slowing you down. ;)

You know, Im thinking that for the fashion aspect of it, Im going to change that rubber-band from neutral color to a nice blue one. That will match my magwell, maybe even a red one too to match my mag pouches :D .

STEP #1: Take that rubber-band off your holster. It's slowing you down. ;)

You know, Im thinking that for the fashion aspect of it, Im going to change that rubber-band from neutral color to a nice blue one. That will match my magwell, maybe even a red one too to match my mag pouches :D .

+1 for the blue! Can't go wrong :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I'm going to remove this classifier from my clubs book :angry: . We had 13 shooters Saturday and only one of them shot it clean. Unfortunately, I chose the classifier. I got all the evil comments and stares.

As Rhino said on the first page. This classifier is "Officially Evil" :lol::lol::lol:

dj

• 1 month later...

Only my 3rd match ever, and first classifier. 106 pts, penalty free/no M's no NS's, but slow as molassess. 44.27% and I am on my way to starting off with a C card. B) The 2nd string killed me time-wise shooting weak hand only, as I was having a hard time getting a sight picture. I'm still figuring out my optimal shooting speed, just trying to be penalty free for now.