Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 03-11 El Strong & Weak Pres

Flexmoney

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just shot this today in somewhat inclement weather. I have achieved greatness with 79 points with a smokin time of just 18.38 seconds with only SEVENTY PENALTY POINTS for a fine hit factor of .4897 that should come back pretty good, I'm thinkin. Along with the other EIGHTY penalty points I racked up at the match I still managed to get 1st place in L-10 :huh:

Due to a scheduling conflict, I missed one of our fine local matches this weekend. But since I was already at the range I offered to score the match.

47 shooters

162 penalties just for CM03-11.

However, there was one fairly new shooter who claimed 30 penalties on their own, so I'll remove that one from the breakdown.

We're left with 46 shooters and a total of 132 penalties:

80 Misses

48 No-Shoots

4 ExtraShot/ExtraHit

11 of 46 shot the stage w/o penalties: 1-A, 6-Bs, 2-Cs and 2-Unclassifieds.

High HF by Div:

Open -- 5.2343

Lim -- 4.2673

L10 -- 4.0473

Prod -- 3.9566

This is one karma-gobbling classifier.

"Targets and No-Shoots are to be scored and taped between strings"

What a pain in the ass, that'll sure bogg down a match.

I suspect you're right. As I said, I didn't get to shoot it Sunday. Since there's just the one target array, it would make sense to put up two target arrays and two boxes. Shoot one string from each box then score both.

• 1 month later...

if i did my research and math correctly i should receive an 81.4480% on the next uspsa update.

points = 108

time = 16.44

penalty = -10

hit factor = 5.9611

first string through i had an obvious mike so the second time through i made up the shot which incured a 10 point penalty. by not making up the shot i would have still recieved a 10 point penalty for the mike plus the 5 points i wouldn't have received for the alpha.

this minor glitch cost me my master card on sunday. i'll have to try that much harder the next time. dry fire, dry fire, dry fire.

I shot it Saturday. We only scored and pasted once. Can't comment on the other squads though.

I shot the match in Limited division with my single stack just to get a classification that isn't L-10 (B class). I was a little worried, but had practiced weak and strong hand shooting the week before.

points = 109

time = 21.64

penalty = 0

hit factor = 5.0370

It wasn't pretty, but I was pretty happy to see 8 holes in all targets. Weak hand killed me, but that damn no-shoot scared me.

I just hope it's a solid B class score. I had a crap match, but finished 3rd on this stage.

Update: Results ended up being 72.4%. A new personal record!

I hereby declare this classifier OFFICIALLY EVIL.®

I hereby forbid its use at any club where I have any control whatsoever in the selection of stages.

I hereby announce that I zeroed it today, and I didn't even do it with style. Five misses and three no-shoots. ARGH!

I did fine on the freestyle parts, okay strong hand (one mike/no-shoot), and then the weak hand was a debacle. The sad thing is that I used to be most accurate (of the three) shooting weak hand only. Since I'm back in the gym and aggravating an old shoulder injury, I can't hold the gun steady AND control the trigger at the same time. Holding still hurts and throws off my trigger control, and letting it wobble naturally ... well, I've not got the timing for the huge, exaggerated wobble yet.

Over the summer I worked out a way to stand with my strong side forward to shoot weak hand only and got decent results with it. Guess what I forgot to do today? :wacko:

This classifier is EVIL!

Shot it the same weekend as TOE. Limited, 95 points, two mikes, 21.73s for a HF of 3.4514. I was shooting far too slow and sloppy. Called the mikes on each of the strong and weakhand parts of the strings (one on each), but since I programmed my brain to not take follow-up shots on V-Count stages, I screwed myself out of some points. I probably would have ended up being 12 down instead of 15 judging by the way I was avoiding the no-shoots. :wacko: Time, well....

Looks to be another solid C-Class score at ~47%. Gotta work on that weakhand.

i tried to shoot this one yesterday. an indoor club near my house had a four stage match with an optional outdoor classifier.

shooters take my advise, when the wind chill drops the temp to -20 degrees below zero don't attemp to shoot an open gun, they don't run too well when it gets that cold.

-20 degrees talk about a die hard. i wouldn't have attemped this classifier if i wasn't 1.2% away from my master card.

I just had it on an update, unfortunately I don't remember my time's. I do remember all alphas and one Mike came up a 76%. I tried to look up the times but Shooters paradise pulls down old results it seems. That was open.

Hey but at least only two NS hits count! (per String?)

Oh..... you would think of that!

Set it up twice and move the shooter from one box to the other between strings. Put up a vision barrier between the two so there's no possibility of the shooter getting confused as to which array to engage. Or......

....just don't set this one up? :rolleyes: I dunno...

• 3 weeks later...
Shot it the same weekend as TOE. Limited, 95 points, two mikes, 21.73s for a HF of 3.4514. I was shooting far too slow and sloppy. Called the mikes on each of the strong and weakhand parts of the strings (one on each), but since I programmed my brain to not take follow-up shots on V-Count stages, I screwed myself out of some points. I probably would have ended up being 12 down instead of 15 judging by the way I was avoiding the no-shoots. :wacko: Time, well....

Looks to be another solid C-Class score at ~47%. Gotta work on that weakhand.

49.6390% nationally in Limited.

• 2 months later...

Shot a 4 classifier match yesterday so you'll see comments on 4 threads here.

Shot this guy yesterday - tough stage.

I dropped 20 points in 14.83 seconds in limited. Looks like that equated to 96.98% nationally. Logically I wish I hadn't dropped that many points - but sounds like a lot of shooters either drop the points or shoot slower. This was a rewarding one, it felt good to post a score that looks like could be high compared to national statistics.

No real strategy. I watched my sights pretty close, and aimed a little left with the weak hand as I tend to pull my shots a little right.

JB

• 3 weeks later...

Grumble .. grumble ... I think this one stinks. I think its one of those classifiers that leaves huge gaps between thee top dogs and the lesser pups. My anger at this is not helped by the fact that I shot it yestarday with 2 penalties and a few charlies in 25sec. I even slowed down to make sure I get my hits and I didnt. Grumble .. Grumble .

How does this resemble a field course? I really think classifiers should try to be more like field courses.. Grumble.