Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 03-10

Flexmoney

• 3 months later...

I want to see the scores of some of the guys who can easily hit at 100+ yards on this stage.

I've seen a lot of shooters (even with open guns) who can't hit at 150 ft regardless of the time factor. This would be a better stage with a par time, I think.

• 1 month later...
Well I now know that it is less than 55%! should have an accurate fix on the national high HF at the next classification update later this week.

Sorry no one responded here Phil. I looked and looked and coudn't come up with the answer. Not a lot of people have shot that one yet.

I noticed that it appeared to have no data which is why I set it up for the club match last weekend - I will have hard data on Limited, Limited 10, Open and Producation at the next classifier update. After that I am only missing 03-17 for a full set of high HFs for the new classifiers.

I noticed that it appeared to have no data which is why I set it up for the club match last weekend - I will have hard data on Limited, Limited 10, Open and Producation at the next classifier update. After that I am only missing 03-17 for a full set of high HFs for the new classifiers.

What, no wheelie gun?

I bet you can pick up a decent wheelgun from an IDPA shooter pretty soon. I've got two 625's decked out if you want to make a deal on one. I won't need two of them since USPSA won't let you use a backup if one breaks during the match. I already sold my #3 to my gunsmith since he hadn't started working on it before the new IDPA rules came out.

• 8 months later...

Seriously, if that high hit factor is right, then no one will ever shoot this classifier. I shot this twice this weekend, because the first time I had an extra shot extra hit on the 50yard set. However my first go at it was better then I expected so I figured I'd pay for a second run. My second was the better one, and with a mike from string 2 I came with 1.966HF. The wonderful calculator these guys above provide (really, thanx guys) doesnt have enough data for production, but at best this might break 30%, but I did better then I expected, and I'm a B shooter.

Looking at the classifiers of other shooters for this match, I say the numbers on this one are wacky. World class Open GMs going full blast only managed to come up with 88%.

Edited by Vlad

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I shot this yesterday at Tri County Rod & Gun Club for a Columbia-Cascade Section Points Match. We had 94 shooters for the match, 6 squads of 16 or so shooters. There was only one setup of this classifier, and it was taking way more than an hour per squad. Unfortunately, our squad was last, and we waited more than an hour to shoot it, and it took an hour to shoot it.

I think when results were done, most of our squad, and about 8 other folks were the only people left for results.

Note to Match Directors: If you use this classifier, set up 2 instances of it otherwise it will bottleneck your match something fierce.

I have no idea what my HF was in Production, I threw two Mikes on the 25 yard strong-hand string, and got all my hits (too many D's though) on the 50 yard freestyle and 15 yard weak hand.

Half the shooters ZEROED the stage.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I shot this one yesterday at Ridge Runner Gun Club in Breckenridge, TX.

Singlestack, D Class.

I had 5 Mikes on the 50-yd target. :surprise: I've never attempted to shoot that far with a pistol before. Had no idea where the shots were going. The one that hit was very low. Maybe I should aim at the head next time.

55 points minus 50 penalty points.

I think the HF was 0.1465.

classifiercalc.com says 2.1444%

I'd have been better off if I'd missed one more and zeroed the stage so it wouldn't show up at all. :mellow:

• 4 months later...

Shot this one at Pitcairn-Monroeville SC yesterday.

Single Stack major ---- 23.11sec 9-A, 6-C, 3-M for a Hit Factor of 1.6876 a whopping 24.70% according to the calculator

Was the high shooter for the stage in SS :goof:

Looks like someone is staying in C class for a while :roflol:

• 1 month later...

I set this stage up for practice because it covers some of my weaknesses (before reading this thread). Searched for something on this classifier after looking at the HF's.

To get into the low 40% range (limited) you need a HF of ~3. I could probably practice this thing for weeks and not get into the 3's. Wish I could see the list

of HF's for the classes. Would be interesting to see the bell curve on this one. Still a good setup for long distance, strong, and weak hand practice.

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...

I met my friend "Mike" at the same match as Gooldylocks. This one is ridiculous. Of 48 competitors, 21 zero'd it. Only 7 had a hit factor that would get them C class in Production. The L10 GM barely shot a Class C Production score shooting a 6 inch 2011. The best guys in the world can shoot this one with zero Mikes. The rest of us are going to get a couple. They should rewrite the stage description to remove the penalties for Mikes. Then this would be a better measure of distance shooting skill up and down the ability scale.

I met my friend "Mike" at the same match as Gooldylocks. This one is ridiculous. Of 48 competitors, 21 zero'd it. Only 7 had a hit factor that would get them C class in Production. The L10 GM barely shot a Class C Production score shooting a 6 inch 2011. The best guys in the world can shoot this one with zero Mikes. The rest of us are going to get a couple. They should rewrite the stage description to remove the penalties for Mikes. Then this would be a better measure of distance shooting skill up and down the ability scale.

Nope, that was from when we shot it earlier this year (may I think?). This weekend I managed an incredible .52 HF. Impressive, I know.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, to the guy that mentioned he can't use a replacement gun, as someone already said, you can. I did so with a revolver at Area 7.

I think a standards stage like this is an accurate way of determining shooting ability. You can either perform or you can't. If your L10 GM barely shot a 40%,, he or she has particular abilities and is not really a well rounded shooter.

First of all, to the guy that mentioned he can't use a replacement gun, as someone already said, you can. I did so with a revolver at Area 7.

I think a standards stage like this is an accurate way of determining shooting ability. You can either perform or you can't. If your L10 GM barely shot a 40%,, he or she has particular abilities and is not really a well rounded shooter.

I would argue the other side of that and say that 6 in 6 or lightning and thunder are better tests of that, because basically no one who shoots USPSA shoots 50 yard groups in practice.

With those other two, the range is decreased (25 yards right?) but still far enough out there that you have to be a good shooter. The highest score that we could track down shot by anyone on this classifier was about a 70%, shot by KC Eusebio. If a multiple time world champ can't even shoot it at the A level, let alone GM level, something is wrong.

• 1 year later...

Shot this one today in Open and had a decent run for me (C class shooter). 13 Alphas and 5 Charlies in 18.84 seconds for a 4.5 HF. Odd that a 62.7% classifier would net a stage win. We had 19 zeros and only 3 without a Mike for 50 shooters.