Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 03-02

Flexmoney

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the question I have is why are the HF's running so much higher today than they were seven years ago. I shot it yesterday at a club match and was 7 points down in 11.60 with a revolver. That bested all but 21 of the limited shooters at the nationals in 97. What gives. I'm no blur with a revolver. "C" class and trying to improve. ;)

dj

Turns out I shot it in 9.23 w/ 51 points for a HF of 5.5255 in Limited. Mike Voigt was also shooting that day and my score was 73.17% of his, but nationally it appears it'll be at 87.66%. I'll take either, but the HHF is DEFINITELY too low on this one.

I'd better shoot it again before it gets changed!  ;)

Too late.

I'm still fairly "new" to this game... (IOW, still learnin' the rules) but how does the Open HHF change so dramatically that Lee D.'s score drops over 25%? Whatever change was made affected my score negatively >13%...

In Open Division:

Lee's HF of 7.3203 = 88.2496%

Jake Di Vita's HF of 6.658 = 100%

Ron's HF of 5.9977 = 90.6%

??? Since Lee D's classifier scores were changed to accommodate this... he resides at a current overall of 96.892% instead of the 98.1881% that he deserves...

Something is not right with this classifier. <_<

Someone... please explain! :blink::(

The HHF for this stage definately changed this month! I had just calculated them all to figure out my "score" and the posted percentage is way lower than I expected.

I found September 2004 scores for Limited of:

HF = 5.0744 => 80.5077%

And in November 2004 my Limited score was:

HF = 5.9059 => 74.7582%

That's an additional 1.6 added to the HHF. Ouch!

What makes the HHF go up?

I just checked and the September 2004 classification percentages I used the first time are still the same so it appears that as the HHF goes up the older scores are not recalculated.

In the big picture it's good they adjusted the HHF since having a grandbagger classifier doesn't help the system, but it sucks when you're the one on the receiving end of the bad news.

What makes the HHF go up?

I just checked and the September 2004 classification percentages I used the first time are still the same so it appears that as the HHF goes up the older scores are not recalculated.

Realization that it's a problem would be my guess.

The older ones should be updated as well, but that's a big task for USPSA.

But vincent, Lee D.'s scores were recalculated... ???

In the big picture it's good they adjusted the HHF since having a grandbagger classifier doesn't help the system, but it sucks when you're the one on the receiving end of the bad news.

Yeah it sucks! but it's just not right that some people benefit BIG TIME from this classifier and others don't. I can understand the classifier HHFs gradually increasing as people's overall skills increase... but this is a new classifier and a dramatic increase... :blink:

The Open HHF increase is about 1.675 or 25%... ugh!

Realization that it's a problem would be my guess.

The older ones should be updated as well, but that's a big task for USPSA.

That's just soooo wrong though! 25% is absurd!!! If USPSA made a mistake and realized there was a problem, they should probably just throw the classifier out.

edit: I'm learnin'! :D

I shot it yesterday at a club match and was 7 points down in 11.60 with a revolver.

dj

If you had no penalties and if I'm doing this right that comes out to about 82.6%!

I wouldn't get to comfortable in C-Class if that's the case :lol:

That's kinda what I'm worried about :D:D:D

dj

• 4 weeks later...
Turns out I shot it in 9.23 w/ 51 points for a HF of 5.5255 in Limited. Mike Voigt was also shooting that day and my score was 73.17% of his, but nationally it appears it'll be at 87.66%. I'll take either, but the HHF is DEFINITELY too low on this one.

Came in nationally at 69.9430% in Limited.