Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 03-02

Flexmoney

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. And the wsb will state the box is not part of the shooting area in those cases. Shooting areas have to be defined in some way and if you're not in it you are out of it

I agree with Paul. A start box is not a shooting area. [AD5 hat on] I'll bring this wording up with management. [/AD5 hat]

if that's the case we won't shoot it this weekend. I won't allow anybody to run up and shoot targets at PBR Edited by Sarge

It must be an oversight in the WSB... but as it's written I guess you can't 'make' people stay in the box. Interesting. I wonder if more classifiers need the same clarification..

why can't you make somebody stay inside the box? There is no shooting area then. All this time that classifier has been shot from the box. When you are standing in that box the only fault lines on the course of fire are surrounding you and you have to be inside fault lines to shoot targets

It must be an oversight in the WSB... but as it's written I guess you can't 'make' people stay in the box. Interesting. I wonder if more classifiers need the same clarification..

Many others are worded the same way but I don't think they need clarification. They have been shot this way for years. I think we all know the intent of the stage procedures.

I'm not changing anything for this weekend as some of the others I am shooting are worded the same way. I plan to shoot them as they have always been shot and apply penalties as needed.

think we all know the intent ...

... and apply penalties as needed.

A few Match Directors back, at your club, I intentionally step outside a barricade box to shoot...so that the Match Director would "get" that we don't penalize for "intent".

1.1.5.2 Standard Exercises and Classifiers may include mandatory

reloads and may dictate a shooting position, location or stance

It ain't "intent". Shooting position, location or stance Defined in the Start Procedure.

A few Match Directors back, at your club, I intentionally step outside a barricade box to shoot...so that the Match Director would "get" that we don't penalize for "intent".

Then I make it a forbidden action to shoot from outside the box right?

I can't believe you think it is OK to charge targets on a classifier. This thread alone is nearly 10 years old and everybody has shot it as intended.

For clarification , you don't think the intent of this classifier is to shoot from within the box?

I just wasted keyboard strokes to email Amidon for an opinion. Just insane.

A few Match Directors back, at your club, I intentionally step outside a barricade box to shoot

Was it a classifier?

I can't believe you think it is OK to charge targets on a classifier.

I never said that.

I am saying that we don't get to make up penalties (or FA's) as we see fit.

If you think the stage is wrong, don't run it. (I can only get it addressed so fast, after it comes to my attention.)

It ain't "intent". Shooting position, location or stance Defined in the Start Procedure.

You are correct Larry BUT, the wsb in this case only defines the start position, not the shooting position.

1.2.2.2 “Classifiers” – Courses of fire published by USPSA, which are

available to competitors seeking a National classification.

Classifiers must be set-up in accordance with these rules and be

conducted strictly in accordance with the notes and diagrams

accompanying them. Results must be submitted to the publishing entity in the format required (with the applicable fees, if

any), in order to be recognized.

I think the "diagram" also supports shooting area as the box.

disagree Larry, it supports nothing but a box as the start position. nothing in there that says something like "from box a, engage...".

as has been said on the forum an infinite number of times, it's freestyle, if you want it shot a certain way, put it in the wsb.

I never said that.

If you think the stage is wrong, don't run it. (I can only get it addressed so fast, after it comes to my attention.)

I never said that.

This idea came up last summer. While taking the RO class the stage that was used for the class had a barricade with a box and the WSB said start in box and engage T1-T2 from left side of barricade and T3-T4 from right side. It just happened that my wife was the RO and I was the shooter. I made it a point to have my foot touching the ground outside the box for three of the four shots but had it up for one just to mess with her. She saw it and called three procedurals and the instructor then asked her why she called them. He then pointed out that the WSB was satisfied because the shots were made from the correct side and it didn't say anything about shooting from the box. He said that if the WSB did not prohibit shooting outside the box that it was ok to do so.

A couple months later this classifier comes up and again it says nothing about shooting from the box. I will agree that the intent is to shoot from the box but if we are going to score on intent I intend to shoot all alphas in about a second and a half.

Sarge, for what it's worth this classifier bumped me from C to B so I am one of the support class shooters also and someone may have a different result. I did shoot it from the box. I will say that the attempt to game the stage made me set up one of the sets of targets and try shooting it from the box, while moving in during the reload and taking the first shot on each while walking in. Staying in the box with a good stance won every time and the extra practice sure paid off for me.

You are correct Larry BUT, the wsb in this case only defines the start position, not the shooting position. Edited by Paul Santiago