CM 03-02

Flexmoney

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Lee:

I'll bet yours comes in at 100%. In a conversation I had with the good folks at Sedro it was mentioned in passing that folks are achieving abnormally high hit factors on this one. I imagine when this was shot under match conditions (to set HHF) the shooters went slow enough to avoid the no-shoots. Under club conditions, if a person goes like a bat out of Hades and slops them all in there, he/she will probably do extremely well. This could end up being a gradbagger's delight in those clubs that are liberal about re-shoots.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's necessarily too low, it's more of a hero or zero classifier. At the club I shot it at, the vast majority of shooters had penalty points.

Look at the Limited nationals results from 97 and TT won this stage with an 8.25.

Just shooting A's as quickly as you can is the only way to do good on this classifier.

I reviewed the scores of every shooter at our four classifier special. This classifier averaged out 11 percent higher than any of the other classifiers for those who didn't have penalites. This will in all probablity be the mother of all grandbagger classifiers. I shot 90% cruising, John and Sam shot 100%, Kevin moved up to M class Limited with a solid GM score, another friend moved from C to B with the highest score he has ever shot, and the list goes on. Yeah, the hit factor is too low.

Aaaagh! A perfectly good grandbagger stage to get me to B class, and I get a big fat ZERO. I shoot the first three targets TWICE freestyle, then forgot to miss those targets strong-hand. Three extra shots + three extra hits = 60 points in penelties on a 60 point stage.

• 4 weeks later...

We shot this today ... I took my time so I'd get the hits. It worked great on the freestyle, then we had some problems on the strong hand only.

In a blistering 13.63 seconds, I scored 43 points, minus 30 for the no-shoot and two misses, for a hit factor of 0.9538!

Seems like at least half the shooters blow the stage and end up with HF under 3 so that is probably bringing down the average. Although I would agree with Ron that it seems when shot well it scores about 10% over what I'd expect.

My scores haven't posted yet. From other scores I'm seeing from the past few months on this stage that have posted:

Open

HF 6.2791

94.8762 %

Limited

HF 5.0744

80.5077 %

Limited 10

HF 3.0010

50.1177 %

Production

HF 0.6223

11.6153 %

Yes that sample production HF is correct. Like I said a lot of folks blow this stage.

In the vein of providing pointers on the stage as mentioned on one of the FAQ's, here is my opinion for what it is worth:

This is a simple stage from a procedure perpective and it has no movement. However it has a high disaster factor with a no-shoot at every target position.

The best bet is to see the sights on every shot. Shooting for the top of the A zone seems to be the safest route. Take a good sight picture of this region during your LAMR. Only shoot when your sights are in the desired region, especially for the shot after the draw and those around the reload. Be sure to have the visual patience on these shots.

Good shooting,

-Vincent

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Larry Cazes

Shot this last week Unclassified Open. The dot on my propoint went intermittent on the draw but stayed steady for both strings after the first shot.

56pts, 14.5s, 3.86HF Should be around 59%

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like 79-80%, Cor.

I can't remember what my points were on it, but I think it was 52-56, no penalties, in the mid to high 9s. Figuring a 5.2525 HF it looks like I'm at 83.37% on that one.

Yeah... HHF is too low, but I'm gonna contact Sedro if it gets tagged.