Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 03-01

Flexmoney

• 5 weeks later...

Shot this one today. Kneeled on the draw such that I could see all of the targets (poppers though the barrel, paper around the barrel). Shot from left to right (waiting for the second popper to come into view).

Limited 7.02 seconds, 35 points, 4.9858 HF.

Anyone know what the HHF is?

Database got updated... I got a 44% nationally. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hmmm, looks like the production results posted are using different high hit factors. I shot this one with a single stack at 5.714 hf. Had to shoot the front popper 3 times to get the darned thing out of the way. After the popper was recalibrated I shot it with a 9mm in Production with a hf of 7.44, shooting the front popper twice. Looks like these runs are C class, but I couldn't go any faster without a disaster. Beats me how guys are getting those two poppers down so fast. Frankly, I think this classifier is absolutely bogus and needs to be placed on the list of classifiers to avoid like the plague.

• 3 weeks later...
after going to one knee, i shot this classifer in this order:

t1, t2, pp1, t3, pp2

Doesn't the procedure say T1-T3 "then" PP1 and PP2. Can you really engage PP1 prior to engaging the last paper target w/o taking a procdural?????

Yeah, both poppers need to be shot through the barrel after the paper is engaged. If the front popper fall slowly and is in exact alignment with the back popper, the score will be largely dependent on the prop. I hate that with an unrivaled passion.

I hate that this classifier is set up like this. PP1 needs to move right 6" and PP 2 needs to move left 6", then it is not dependant on the speed of PP1 falling. I like freestyle stages w/poppers set up in a line, where you have to adjust to different targets and back to keep a good time.

• 3 weeks later...

This one is crying out for a ruling from USPSA. It seems that people have shot it in paper, popper, paper, popper order, and gotten valid scores back from Sedro. Given that, they should fix the stage description so that's explicitly allowed and let us run. It's the easiest way to fix it.

Those of us that shot it how it's written can suffer with lower %'s until we shoot it again. Those that shot it the 'wrong' way, but the RO let them, will have accurate (instead of too-high) percentages.

Did I mention that our RO made us shoot paper then poppers? <_<

• 1 month later...

I agree with you, Shred and Ron. This needs fixed.

We shot this classifier per the course instructions (paper then steel) Sunday at a well-attended club match, and the best performance of the day was a 6.5681 (shot with a single-stack), which apparently translates to about a 61% nationally for L-10.

Seemed like our front popper was dropping at an average pace. Not sure how anybody could possibly achieve anything near the HHF if they're shooting it correctly.

Mike

It seems as if the only people who are having problems with the front popper not falling fast enough are none GM's. I'm NOT a GM. But, I do have a problem with the other shooters aswell myself, understanding the stage procedure. If THEN is in the procedure, the course designer is telling you what order the targets are to be engaged in. You take THEN out of this stage procedure, you can shoot the stage like most of us did. I wrote John Amidon about the THEN in a stage procedure to see what kind of light he could give us on this. I will let you know.

Darian

OKAY FOLKS!!!!! Here it is!!!!! John wrote me back and I want to pass this on to you all.

Hi Darian,

While it may seem as "what difference does it make what order they are engaged in" some classifiers have a

specific engagement order, as in this one. The word "then" stipulates that order.

Regards,

John Amidon

And thats all Folks!!!!

Darian Pellicciotti

Little Rock, AR

• 2 weeks later...

8.91 down 5 C Limited

I thought I did OK untill I read this thread.... :(

Edit - I shot the first popper twice thinking to get it out of the way quickly - Two solid hits and hit the rear popper solid. Sure didn't help much......

After the match yesterday myself and a Master class Open shooter farted around on this classifier a few times. The best times we had were in the mid 4's by watching the sights on the no-shoots and then spraying and praying the paper before dropping to a knee and hitting each popper with one quick shot.

I'd love to see someone shoot this sucker 1 second faster!!

We later found out that a few squads during the day mixed up the paper/steel engagement. This thing is definately broken.

To get 100% on this would take about the same skill level as shooting a 3sec El-Prez. It's all luck. :P

We shot CM03-01 Ducks in a Barrel at C.L.A.S.S. yesterday.

This classifier is not safe to shoot. Please don't set it up in the Texas South Section

The wording on this Classifier requires the shooter to finish up on the two In-Line Steel through the barrel

Around half the shooters double tapped the front steel so they could engage the back steel sooner. This is a problem. While it

didn't happen yesterday, this could have launched a half speed round over the backstop.

In the past, I have seen plenty of stages set up with In-Line steel targets. I have never seen one set up so that the shooter had

to wait for the front steel to move out of the way "on the clock". There have always been other targets to engage while waiting.

See you at the range

Tom Neal L2362 CRO

Section Coordinator Texas South Section

• 2 weeks later...

We just shot this classifier this wkend, a M class shot it the fastest with only a 52% somethings wrong with this classifier I am only B class with 1 make up shot on paper I had a 49%(6.94 1 pt down), I can usually have a mike on a classifier and still be in the mid to high 50's. anyway shooting this thing correct I dont see how someone could shoot it in the mid 3's

• 1 month later...

I shot this one last weekend. I am sure it is D class at best, but can someone tell me what open/major 39pts, 0 penalty, 11.73 sec. comes out to?

Still just trying to get classified. D class here I come.

Thanks. It looks like I still have along way to go. At least it gives me an excuse to go to the range more. The guy who won this stage at the local match had a HF that according to the ohiouspsa site was only 52.774% nationally.