Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X Factor - Comments/Criticisms

lef-t

So I've had this stage in mind that I finally put to paper. I'm pretty happy with it since its one of the first designs I've come up with where there seems to be lots of ways to shoot it.

I really wanted to design a stage that a "gamer" would enjoy.

I'd like to get some feedback from the crowd before I propose it to the MD.

One concern I had was it's kind of an RO trap when the shooter moves from side to side, but I plan to have enough space between walls so the RO won't get caught.

My other concern is 180s shooting around the back fault lines, but the targets are definitively downrange and it would be an egregious error on the shooters part if they break the 180 when they transitions around the wall.

So I ask:

How would you shoot this stage?

Are there any other design issues you see? (other than shoot-throughs which would be addressed during actual set-up)

VClNs.jpg

I've shot @SteveZ's "X-Factor" twice. It's configure pretty much like yours. To lessen the RO trap factor, and let the RO keep eyeballs on the shooter longer, the walls from from 7 to 5 o'clock are just faultlines and he had people start with toes on marks.

The only major difference with your placement of targets at the 11 and 1 o'clock. Our club requires targets be placed within 14 feet of the berm, so he didn't have the option to do as you have. Knowing him, he would have put them there like you did.

Edited by Skydiver

The RO may care, but do you as the stage designer care if the shooter run forward out of the 10 (or 2) o'clock arm and retreats into the 2 (or 10) o'clock arm?

Not at all. I was hoping some people would go outside the fault lines to get to other positions

The RO may care, but do you as the stage designer care if the shooter run forward out of the 10 (or 2) o'clock arm and retreats into the 2 (or 10) o'clock arm?

Not at all. I was hoping some people would go outside the fault lines to get to other positions

How do you imagine the RO should handle that?

• 4 months later...

I've used this design for several years. I move the fault lines in closer to the center of the X, about half way, I then add a port to the fwd. 2 vision barriers, add a port to the 2 right vision barriers, remove the aft 2 vision barriers and add a port to the left aft vision barrier. Additional vision barriers are used to lengthen the X corridors. This helps eliminate target visibility from multiple locations. Start position is either a box or wall uprange of center, therefore giving the competitor a left or right choice to initiate movement into shooting positions. Target placement is critical as is use of no shoot targets. Freestyle at it's best. Competitors must be conscious of and execute good safe muzzle control. I've had hundred's of competitors run this stage over the yrs.with no DQ's for breaking the 180. Great Stage and very fun. Add Steel(I do have very large bays).