Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RO'ing a GSSF Match and Shooting it the same day?

MGMorden

Just kind of curious. I volunteered to help RO an upcoming GSSF match. I've shot GSSF once, but this will be my first time working a match. I was hoping to shoot it as well but I'm RO'ing on Sunday and the Saturday before that is a local USPSA match that I typically attend.

Just wondering if it's common for the RO's who do shoot the match to do so on the same day they're working (ie, would I get a break that long) or if they typically shoot it on the other day.

Thanks!

I work both shifts, both days. Sundays (at BGSL) are not near as busy as Saturday. So I slip out during a lull. Most RO's here do the same. Saturday is crazy full.:cheers:

Just kind of curious. I volunteered to help RO an upcoming GSSF match. I've shot GSSF once, but this will be my first time working a match. I was hoping to shoot it as well but I'm RO'ing on Sunday and the Saturday before that is a local USPSA match that I typically attend.

Just wondering if it's common for the RO's who do shoot the match to do so on the same day they're working (ie, would I get a break that long) or if they typically shoot it on the other day.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
Guest COUNTYGUARDIAN3

I have found it physically and mentally challenging to shoot and RO the same day. This year, decided to shoot on Saturday and RO on Sunday; devoting each day to the task at hand. I have shot and performed RO duties on the same day but scores suffer...

I've ROed and shot on same day, even won a match doing it. In general it's a lot on me to shoot and RO. Lately I've shoot on Friday and that kept me free to RO and no worry about shooting.