Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just Getting Started

chaosshooter00

Maybe someone already covered this, but I could not find it. I want to start designing stages for our monthly matches and some of the bigger shoots, eventually. Where do I start? Most of the guys I shoot with still scratch them out on skins with charcoal and think computers are used to add numbers quickly. Help me out. Is there a "how to" somewhere that I can download? What's the best software, what's the easiest? If this is all covered somewhere, give me a clue. Thanks

Edited by chaosshooter00

The new thing people are using is Google Sketchup. I haven't used it much since I haven't designed anything lately but need to... there are also some MS word and power point files that float around. They have all the barricades, targets and whatnot in them and you copy/paste, rotate and move them around to make the course, then export the file as an image into a word doc that has the standard written stage briefing that you modify to fit the stage... I can't find the link or copy of that right now, but someone who knows better should be able to chime in here.