Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Jesse Tischauser

Mascot Work Wear Pants Review

I thought I would give a little review on my new Macot Work Wear Pants. Since the folks at ReconNW were kind enough to sponsor the NW Multi Gun Match earlier this year I was able to pick up a couple pairs of Lerida's with a hefty discount code. This model has the kevlar reinforced knee pockets that you can stick a knee pad into if you so choose. The fit is great. They are very rugged almost like a Carhart type material but softer and not so thick/hot. They have plenty of pockets for your kit but they don't look like tactical operator pants so you can actually wear them to work or out and about without looking like a commando. They are not made in the far east either so the quality is outstanding! I am going to try a pair of the Clavos and Houston's next.

Lerida1.jpg

Lerida2.jpg

Lerida3.jpg

RepCon NW sponsored the Northwest Multigun Challenge in 2011 and 2012 (and we hope 2013) and gave me a pair of these to try out. I take them to every match I shoot and find that I wear them more often, even when dirty, than the other brands that I have. The kneepad insert is one of the best features and is much more comfortable to use than the strap on pads. Mine still look like new after a year of hard use.

Doug

http://www.repconnw.com/

<_< I would have thought that you arrange the pants in 'Tactical' poses stuffing them with shipping packing so it looked like the invisible man was running in them.

I am glad you did not pose in them your self though. shirt less with finger painted camo on. :o

My wife may see it and say "How much for, ! Those !, pants :wub:

I hate in when she does that

Edited by AlamoShooter

I thought I would give a little review on my new Macot Work Wear Pants. Since the folks at ReconNW were kind enough to sponsor the NW Multi Gun Match earlier this year I was able to pick up a couple pairs of Lerida's with a hefty discount code. This model has the kevlar reinforced knee pockets that you can stick a knee pad into if you so choose. The fit is great. They are very rugged almost like a Carhart type material but softer and not so thick/hot. They have plenty of pockets for your kit but they don't look like tactical operator pants so you can actually wear them to work or out and about without looking like a commando. They are not made in the far east either so the quality is outstanding! I am going to try a pair of the Clavos and Houston's next.

Thanks for the review Jesse! I can't wait to see action shots. :D

RepCon NW sponsored the Northwest Multigun Challenge in 2011 and 2012 (and we hope 2013) and gave me a pair of these to try out. I take them to every match I shoot and find that I wear them more often, even when dirty, than the other brands that I have. The kneepad insert is one of the best features and is much more comfortable to use than the strap on pads. Mine still look like new after a year of hard use.

Doug

I had a blast at the NW Multigun Challenge this year! I'm sure REPCON NW will be doing more for the sport as the interest in MASCOT Workwear grows sales. :D

I'm gearing up to try my luck at some of the local matches next year. This year is just too hectic for me. Plus I at least have to buy a match pistol and get lots of practice in. ;)

To add to this, here are some pics of the pants while shooting. I love mine. Great flexibility and bomb proof construction.

post-3719-0-53612600-1346870205_thumb.jp

post-3719-0-16073200-1346870214_thumb.jp

post-3719-0-84381100-1346870236_thumb.jp

To add to this, here are some pics of the pants while shooting. I love mine. Great flexibility and bomb proof construction.

Yeah, but Craig, you even make a kilt look good......

:roflol:

I love those photos!

Yeah, but Craig, you even make a kilt look good......

:roflol:

LOL You have a very good point.

Anyone have the tan/kahki Lerida,.. with Kevlar? On the website.. it shows then having dark grey need areas.(like Jesse's about, but more so). is this usually covered up?

http://www.repconnw.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=296&flypage=yagendoo_VaMazing_zoom2.tpl&pop=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=109

What knee pads do most people use? I'm leaning toward the ones that can be left in, just because I'll forget anyways,,

Anyone have the tan/kahki Lerida,.. with Kevlar? On the website.. it shows then having dark grey need areas.(like Jesse's about, but more so). is this usually covered up?

http://www.repconnw.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=296&flypage=yagendoo_VaMazing_zoom2.tpl&pop=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=109

What knee pads do most people use? I'm leaning toward the ones that can be left in, just because I'll forget anyways,,

I have a pair of the tan ones and the knee area is a medium gray. The pads fit inside and do not cover the gray, you see it all the time. I have the knee pads that come from Repcon NW and they work nicely but in the summer I don't leave them in when they aren't needed because it causes heat retention in the knee area.

Doug

Thanks Doug.. I meant left them in for the washing machine..

Whick pads seem to work best for you?

Well, I have been wearing the same brand work pants for some time. I just ordered 2 pair of these to try out. Also ordered one set of the Grant pads. We will see how these hold up compared to the Rigg pants I have worn for work and matches for the last few years.

Thanks all for the info (I think :rolleyes: ) We will see.

The pants in my pictures are the Lerida. I got a pair of their knee pad inserts. They are inexpensive at like $10-20 if memory serves me correctly. Haven't used them yet but they feel good in the pants and they are easy to put in and take out before a stage.

A few pictures of me in my Mascot Gear at the NW Multigun Challenge taken by Bryan of Repcon NW

1.jpg

2.jpg

No pants, but I like this one

3.jpg

Yeah, I got a big ass

4.jpg

5.jpg

Also no pants, but I love this picture

7.jpg

Edited by Beers78n9

I also purchased a pair at the Northwest Multigun. I tried them out for the first time this past weekend at the Seekins Precision 3 gun. Match in Benton City. I was surprised how well they breathed in the 85 degree heat. As Doug stated the knee pad feature is better and more comfortable than any exterior pad I've ever used. I will be trying another pair in the near future.

A few pictures of me in my Mascot Gear at the NW Multigun Challenge taken by Bryan of Repcon NW

1.jpg

2.jpg

No pants, but I like this one

3.jpg

Yeah, I got a big ass

4.jpg

5.jpg

Also no pants, but I love this picture

7.jpg

Nice shirt!

Discount Code ??? it that something even a low level simi pro old guy can get a -discount code-

Thanks for the help = I have two pair on the way soon from Bryan

Edited by AlamoShooter

I also purchased a pair at the Northwest Multigun. I tried them out for the first time this past weekend at the Seekins Precision 3 gun. Match in Benton City. I was surprised how well they breathed in the 85 degree heat. As Doug stated the knee pad feature is better and more comfortable than any exterior pad I've ever used. I will be trying another pair in the near future.

Same here on both counts (got at NWMGC & used first time at Tricities). They worked great. I didn't use the knee pads and didn't feel like I needed them on the course. These are tough/comfortable pants.

Sendit

Do the sizes run true on these?

I will have my pants in a day or so and let you know. Bryan was insistent that I try them on for fit before I wash them.

Do the sizes run true on these?

The waist is true IMO. The croch rides higher than some styles (like Blackhawk), so they may not be best for big-n-tall. The length ... well they will cut to length.

Sendit