Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am a convert

ktm300

I bought a TM Hi-Cappa and some BAM airsoft targets to see if I could tell a difference in my shooting.

I have been using the airsoft for about 2 weeks and I can tell that all the trigger time helps a lot.

Today, I had a day off and wanted to shoot some so I set up the Airsoft steel from 8 to 15 yards and without a timer went about just shooting it with the goal of going 1 for 1 no matter how slow or fast. I can tell you 15 yards to a 3" or 4" wide target takes some sight alignment and trigger control. I work on transitions from front to back and side to side. Just being smooth and working at going 1 for 1. Sometimes freestyle, sometimes strong hand, and sometimes weakhand. I did this for about 2 hours and shot up 500 or 600 bb's.

Then I got out the gun I shoot all the time, after a bit of a warmup I ran some drills I know my times for. None of them were a whole lot faster but all of them were at or better than my best times with almost zero non A hits. I could just see the sights so well it felt like the gun was just aligning itself.

I could have shot 600 rounds out of my normal gun and it probably would have done me more good. I would have had to drive to the range as I try to keep shooting at the house down to an hour or so at a time. That is about 2 hours round trip at a cost of $65. I would have to spend an hour loading the 600 rounds, and I would have spent about $100 on ammo. As it was I shot up about $10 -$15 worth of airsoft stuff and $9 worth of my ammo and a total of 3 hours of time to get a lot of trigger time.

I think I will keep my airsoft work down to steel as it is a single shot and my second shot timing won't get messed up by the lack or recoil. I do have a timer on the way as I want to work on speed but for now it is good enough just to go 1 for 1 on the targets.

Oh yea, it was fun too.