Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC RO's

Maksim

Maksim,

This video is from second day of match. most of ro:s have been on the range allready fivedays at heat 38-40 celsius in shadow.

It's hard, but shooting range is good and allow ro to be litlebit softer. specially when they know that shooter will know what he is doing.

I hope they do this event next year.

There will be available ro slots ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My own personal opinion (worth about what ya paid for it) is an RO ideally should be within 1 meter of the shooter on a CoF.

Most important is to not lose sight of the gun and watch for breaking 90/sweeps/finger or a squib.

As an RO YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for the safety of the shooter, spectators and yourself.

Of course all this is primary. Not impeding the shooter is also a concern, but not at the cost of safety for all persons involved.

• 3 weeks later...

My own personal opinion (worth about what ya paid for it) is an RO ideally should be within 1 meter of the shooter on a CoF.

Most important is to not lose sight of the gun and watch for breaking 90/sweeps/finger or a squib.

As an RO YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for the safety of the shooter, spectators and yourself.

Of course all this is primary. Not impeding the shooter is also a concern, but not at the cost of safety for all persons involved.

I think I do a better job of that by not crawling up the shooter's back side.

I thought that RO was right on the money. Looks as if he could clearly see the gun and shooter. My only question would be where is the clipboard RO? I hate it when the RO is crawling all over the shooter. He was in position the whole time to catch the last shot.

On that stage, you know the shooter is going to come backwards at least once. The may even swing back when not expected. It would seem that staying within arms length or 1 meter would present a higher possibility of RO interference. Different ROs will have different techniques. As long as they control what they are supposed to and are not letting safety infractions go, it's all good.