Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Load Data for Hornady GR XTP 124g

Trident

In continuing to find a 124g load, or bullet that will shoot 2" from a MP9 Pro I'm going to try a Hornady bullet to see if it may be a bullet issue with the MG, Berries, or BB etc.... But... I cant seems to find any load data for it using VV N-320 at ??? OAL.

Im really needing a plated bullet that will shoot 2" but....

Anyway, anyone loaded or tested these yet?

Im really needing a plated bullet that will shoot 2" but....

Trident, my gun shoots 147's more accurately than any other weight -

you might want to try different weight bullets :cheers:

Yep, my MP 9 Pro with KKM barrel ( and stock barrel) seems to as well. (See other recent post). The 147g seems to be 2" better tighter groups using N320 @ 1.130 but have have tried many different lengths from 1.120 - 1.150 and found no difference in accuracy from varying lengths. I have tried MG, Berry's, and BB but not an OEM bullet like Hornady so I wanted to be able to eliminate the possibility of the bullet causing the larger groups in the 124g.

I loaded 25 ea of 4.2g N320 @ 1.110 and 1.130. Hornady manual lists 1.06 COL and will compare against Berries HBRN and MG 124 JHP and MG 124 CMJ. I need a plated or coated 124g to go under 2" at 25 yards for use in CQB houses where required.

Edited by Trident

• 2 weeks later...

I know you are looking for VV320 data but both the 115xtp and 124xtp loaded with PowerPistol were by far the most accurate load in my 9pro. At the time I didn't have a chrono but with the 115's I was using 6.2grs and the 124's 5.2grs, both loaded to 1.09". A little snappy but they were ridiculously accurate. Actually until this post I forgot about the xtp's. I'm sure it was because they were too rich for my blood. I just finished a case of 125 HAPS that I got a deal on and they were extremely accurate with Titegroup. All three bullets were 2"'s at 25 yards.

I was loading mine with 4.2 grains of 320 @ 1.12 OAL, and they were well under 2" at 25 yards, and made just a little under 130 pf at last year's IDPA state match, but, it sometimes bobbled a little on a slide lock reload.

I ran out of XTPs, but, found that Zeros, and PDs at 1.16 won't bobble on a slide lock reload. I would THINK you would have to go up to 4.4-4.5 grains of 320 to make pf at 1.16" OAL. :cheers:

Every barrel is different. Start low, and work your load up. Do the "plunk" test to make sure you can go long.