Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Is this an all day match or are there morning and afternoon squads? I just realized my AZ CCW is expiring shortly and was hoping I could squeeze in a class that weekend to renew it.

You can mail order an Florida permit, and that is recognized in AZ as well as a bunch of other states.

Is this an all day match or are there morning and afternoon squads?  I just realized my AZ CCW is expiring shortly and was hoping I could squeeze in a class that weekend to renew it.

You can mail order an Florida permit, and that is recognized in AZ as well as a bunch of other states.

That is pretty sweet. I still want an AZ one in case I move back there(for simplicity sake dealing with LEO's). I actually just found a class for renewal on thursday night before the match. I think I might just take it then.

It is much easier to shuffle the competitors a week before the match than at the match during registration (i.e. NIGHTMARE :blink: ). For the past few years, I can safely say that squadding takes approximately 12 hours for 350 - 400 shooters. It takes 10 - 15 minutes to make a single change at registration - big difference per shooter - after the fact!

A2Chic :ph34r:

You could always consider using the on-line squadding system www.uspsa.org/squadding for the 2005 match

=====================

Ken Kwiat - Yes, I have your registration & you are in. And the two "bozos" you were talking about, also are in. ;)

=====================

Pat Harrison - "Got my cheque yet?" ... yes I did, you're in.

=====================

AZ GUNNER: "new to the sport and was wondering if you had spots if somebody was a no show. I live in Tucson and will be going to watch anyway."

Well... there's about 40 people on the waiting list. I have had a couple of calls to cancel, but other than that... I think that some of those guys even at the bottom will just show up anywise - hoping to get into the match. I can't predict the future. You're more than welcome to show up anywise.

=====================

Bob Hostetter - "I mailed my check last week after registering online a while back. Can you please confirm I am in the match?" ... Yes, I received it - you're in.

=====================

lynn... "any word on when the stages will be posted?"

I just sent Jerry Mallard the information (10/08) - hopefully, he will be able to read the format and post them on the A2 page.

=====================

Jeeper... "Is this an all day match or are there morning and afternoon squads? I just realized my AZ CCW is expiring shortly and was hoping I could squeeze in a class that weekend to renew it. "

There are morning and afternoon squads. I will also have Jerry post the schedule, as well. We are changing the typical shooting order of the stages so that the match will run more smoothly.

=====================

Rob Boudrie - "You could always consider using the on-line squadding system www.uspsa.org/squadding for the 2005 match" I will have to check that out... Thanks for the handy hints...

Reminder... chocolate and guns go together, right?

A2Chic :ph34r:

Jeeper...

The squadding is not done until the weekend before the match. I have found it easier to take care of last minute requests when I have the most current listing of who's shooting.

You can submit a squadding request at most any time - the sooner, the better. Note... no more than 14 people in a squad.

Please do not indicate "all the guys from NM" or "all the guys from the San Diego area" or something similar... cuz there's more than 15 in any of these groups.

You can call yourselves the "Jeeper crew" and provide all of the names of all your guys - that works... ;)

The fewer "last minute" requests, the easier it is on registration. Please don't show up and tell me that you have got to shoot with this other guy and his squad is full and ... well - you get the picture.

Thx,

a2chic B)

hey Stats Chic, i don't know if B Miguez has already notified you or not, but rather than wait til the last minute..... he and i will be riding together and it would be nice if we could be on the same squad. he signed up late and i got in earlier, can we get it done. Thanks trapr swonson

• 3 weeks later...