Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm coming out to shoot A2 this year, and I'd like to combine a couple of local matches in the trip if possible. Does any body know if Tues. night steel, the Ben Avery match etc. will be running on the days preceeding A2? thanks.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAZZ, tue nite steel is at rio where the classic is and I doubt it will be running. Ben Avery has a practice match on thurs nites. It starts at 7:00pm and goes till 10:00pm. Keep in mind that it is on the other side of town from rio but it might be a good place to function test your gun. The cactus league match is mostly box a box b but it is still trigger time. Hope this helps

Rob B)

I am thinking of taking my travel trailer and staying at the Usery Mountain regional park provided that there are available spots. From what I understand, this park is basically right near the range.

I have found out that I can not make a reservation for one of the 73 spots since they have a "first come, first serve" policy.

Can anyone tell me if the sites at this park have filled up in the past during the Area 2 championship/Rio Salado Desert Classic?

Thanks for any info or suggestions on how to secure a campsite at this park.

Cor

I have stayed in the RV park across form the range for about 4 years. In the past the park is not full for the Desert Classic Match in Nov. but in March for the 3Gun match it will definitly be full. Hope this helps.

I have stayed in the RV park across form the range for about 4 years. In the past the park is not full for the Desert Classic Match in Nov. but in March for the 3Gun match it will definitly be full. Hope this helps.

Great news!

Thanks for the quick reply.

That will save me some money on air-fare and car-rental costs. I am planning on arriving on Thursday afternoon, so hopefully I will beat the crowds...

See you there.

Cor

Stats for the day...

I have 60 reserved slots for sponsors

I have 46 reserved slots for staff

I have 27 received via US Mail

I have 15 on-line applications received with $'s

This brings a subtotal to 148.

There are an additional 38 on-line applications that I have not received $'s for. This brings the possible total to 186. The drop-dead maximum number of shooters will be 350. I'd say that we're half-full; half-empty.

If you're serious about shooting the Desert Classic in November - get your app & $'s in the mail soon.

A2Chic B)

• 2 weeks later...

Stay in Mesa or Scottsdale. Depends on how much night life you want to do.

Don & Charlie's is a okay place for grub (Scottsdale). Too it houses a very interesting collection of sports jerseys in the bar area. In particular is a 'familiar' pink & black polo shirt with KC Hi-Lites and Buck Knives on the back. Any guesses?

You'll find his "Manual" hanging on the wall too.

Be sure to allocate enough time to see places like Dillon, Shooters' World and McMillan.

Rich

P.S. Why waste your time in Vegas when you can shoot Tuesday night steel!

• 2 weeks later...

Stats for the day... Updated 8/25/2004.

I have 60 reserved slots for sponsors

I have 55 reserved slots for staff

I have 73 received via US Mail

I have 26 on-line applications received with $'s

This brings a subtotal to 188.

There are an additional 70 on-line applications that I have not received $'s for. This brings the possible total to 258. The drop-dead maximum number of shooters will be 350. At this time, we're 86% full - only 92 slots left...

If you're serious about shooting the Desert Classic in November - get your app & $'s in the mail soon!!!

A2Chic B)

FYI - I have sent the following to all on-line registrants that have not sent in their $'s:

This is the first year that we’ve tried to use an on-line system. With any new system, it may become apparent after the fact that steps that should have been taken were overlooked.

It has come to my attention that the registration form relates a false sense of security in the registration process. Your “on-line registration” does not guarantee a reserved position in the match – your “payment” is your guarantee. This would not have been an issue if we did not fill all of our slots in past years. We are limiting this year’s match to 350 shooters and I expect to fill to capacity before October 1st. With this in mind – I am writing to all of you as a notice of registration payment due.

Please send in your payment as soon as possible. I am trying to be fair to those already sending in payments, and also to those “pre-registered”. As in the past, a waiting list will begin once the match is declared full. Registration will continue on a first paid – first in policy as slots are available. Your official match confirmation will be withheld until payment is received.

Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please feel free to call or email me or Paul Caudill (Match Director). Sorry for any inconvenience. If you will not be able to attend, please let me know ASAP.