Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

odd malfunction ,need help

jesseskinner

Fairly new to glocks, many years of competition and reloading. Picked up a 24 of the classifieds, started out ok for the first 1000rds or so started having jams and a lot of them in the last few weeks. Noticing the cover plate fall half of the gun and prevent it from going into battery, i am also getting 20 percent light primer strikes. Ammo runs fine in my 22. Even tried swapping striker, spring bearing thingy and cover plate from 22, still happens, any suggestions?

Disassemble the slide & get a light & a magnifying glass & look down the striker channel & see if there are any gouges or excessive powder fouling or other crud buildup in the channel liner. The striker spring might be binding inside of it during firing or worst case is so worn it slides along with the striker assembly.

Check the extractor channel also.

Edited by Glockman1000

Fairly new to glocks, many years of competition and reloading. Picked up a 24 of the classifieds, started out ok for the first 1000rds or so started having jams and a lot of them in the last few weeks. Noticing the cover plate fall half of the gun and prevent it from going into battery, i am also getting 20 percent light primer strikes. Ammo runs fine in my 22. Even tried swapping striker, spring bearing thingy and cover plate from 22, still happens, any suggestions?

Sounds like you have gunk in the slide channels (extractor spring and striker). disassemble the slide completely and clean all channels. the extractor spring should be holding the plate on with the indentation in the plate, so you might need to clean the plate form gunk also. do not oil the striker channel as it will cause gunk to accumulate.