Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon orders delayed

In the past I have always ordered all my Dillon reloading equipment through BE. But on the last two orders, the last of which I'm still waiting for, it has taken a week or more for my order to arrive. Where as if ordered directly from Dillon it arrives in 2-3 days. Good example, I placed a order for a 9mm conversion kit over the last weekend through BE, a friend placed a order directly with Dillon on Monday. His order arrived on Wednesday, I'm still waiting for mine and UPS has already been by so that means I won't get it until sometime next week. And no tracking number to see if it was even shipped. Guess I'll be ordering directly from Dillon from now on.

Edited by hbchuey

Brian ALWAYS gets orders out ASAP.

Yeah well it didn't happen this time. The order wasn't shipped until Wednesday, 2 f##king days after it was ordered! The same day my buddies order was delivered! If I had ordered directly from Dillon I would be reloading right now instead of sitting around with my thumb up my butt!

What did Brian have to say when you called him about this? You DID contact him privately and give him the opportunity to correct the problem, right? I'd hate to think your first reaction to getting something in 5 days instead of 3 days would be to publicly complain and bad mouth the guy who makes this very forum available to all of us free of charge.

What did Brian have to say when you called him about this? You DID contact him privately and give him the opportunity to correct the problem, right? I'd hate to think your first reaction to getting something in 5 days instead of 3 days would be to publicly complain and bad mouth the guy who makes this very forum available to all of us free of charge.

I did and what he said was that sometimes this happens and basically there's nothing he could do about it. If you read my OP I thought I made it clear that the problem is with items ordered through BE that are being shipped by Dillon. When I asked him if it were possible that Dillon was putting his orders on the back burner he said no. When I pointed out that this has happened on 2 different orders he said it was a coincidence. By the way, it's going to be 7-8 days not 5.

Had it been one of my customers that this had happened to TWICE I would have offered to refund the shipping charges in an effort to make amends, or at least offer to pay the shipping if I chose to return the order. He didn't offer and I didn't ask so, I'll have to pay those shipping charges too.

As far as "bad mouthing" Brian, I don't think I am. I'm doing what this customer service forum is supposed to be for, Pointing out problems with his customer service.

How far are you from the shipping point and what method of shipping are you using? You will find same day shipping is RARE typically 1-2 days to process, package and ship is the norm then it is all dependant on the mode of shipping chosen. So the process is to place the order with Brian, then it is forwarded to dillion who then processes and ships, correct?

In the past I have always ordered all my Dillon reloading equipment through BE. But on the last two orders, the last of which I'm still waiting for, it has taken a week or more for my order to arrive.

You certainly have a strange definition of "always".

Pat

Is it always delayed? Or just delayed on the last two orders? Or is the last 2 orders the only 2 orders? Cause in the past you've always ordered your Dillon stuff through BE, so I'm confused....but it's kind of immaterial.

It's certainly your prerogative to figure out where you spend your money. But for a person with only 14 posts in a couple years, it seems a little bit rude to complain on the guys forum because it took a couple extra days for your order to ship. It's not like he sat on it for weeks. Have you ever ordered through Amazon? When they fulfill and order its regularly days before they ship. If you're in a rush, pay for expedited shipping. Or if you can, order as soon as you know what you need and if you have an urgent order, call Dillon directly, order it and pay for the overnight shipping. A couple extra days doesn't seem so outrageous to help to support a guy who provides us with a FREE forum to congregate.

~Mitch

Edited by UW Mitch

Yeah well it didn't happen this time. The order wasn't shipped until Wednesday, 2 f##king days after it was ordered! The same day my buddies order was delivered! If I had ordered directly from Dillon I would be reloading right now instead of sitting around with my thumb up my butt!

Oh boy, it's Friday afternoon and I can't help myself...

2 freaking days? Talk about 48 hours. That's like >25000 rounds you could've loaded if Brian hadn't been sitting around with his thumb up his butt just contemplating when to send or not send your order on to Dillon. :eatdrink:

When I ordered my 650 through Brian all I got was my casefeeder at first. I got it in three days I think. My press never showed so I got a hold of Brian finally and he checked on it for me. Turns out it was just sitting on the shelf at Dillon "waiting" to be shipped? He asked them to fix the problem and I got it a few days later. Other than that one glitch I have always got my stuff from Brian and Directly from Dillon in about the same amount of time.

I got a little pissed about my press not shipping quickly but who was I gonna be pissed with.? Brian did his part as it turned out.

Oh, what a shame to delete what I had typed. I had a great comment for the thumb remark and all devil.gifroflol.gif

Edited by Paul Burtchell

Good Lord...

So, order from Dillon next time. Or someone else of your choosing.

I try to give some business to Red's Trading Post in Idaho after their ordeal with ATF, as a show of support. They handle Dillon stuff too. Try them if BE or Dillon don't meet your criteria.

Thanks again to BE for providing this site!

Mark

Good Lord...

So, order from Dillon next time. Or someone else of your choosing.

I try to give some business to Red's Trading Post in Idaho after their ordeal with ATF, as a show of support. They handle Dillon stuff too. Try them if BE or Dillon don't meet your criteria.

Thanks again to BE for providing this site!

Mark

+100

Over the last 4 years I have incrementally added to my 550B setup - I've ordered 7 different quick change setups, die sets, and accessories. In every case Brian treated me like I was his only customer. He went out of his way to save me money and insure I had the right components to do the job. He even called me several times when I first started reloading and helped me avoid a lot of startup headaches.

All of my orders have been processed quickly and arrive quickly.

While you may be frustrated with your last two orders, the title "Dillon orders always delayed" seems unreasonable. I've placed multiple orders from good, reputable companies and had later orders shipped first. Sometimes it can be a delay in credit card processing, one item missing to complete the order, or those nasty gremlins that mess everything up. The point is that you seem to have placed blame on Brian without all of the information.

If you believe that Brian has not done well by you, by all means go somewhere else.

But understand that MANY of us have had great experiences with him and will continue to appreciate his outstanding customer service.

Scott

LMAO!

Really, maybe the two extra days you waited is worth it just to have a forum you can post something like this on. Or maybe if you had ordered straight from Dillon and this happened you could come onto BEnos and post it in the Dillon forum. Either way you win! Why, because you have the BEnos forum. Worth the wait or occasional delay and worth supporting BE? You betcha!!! If not worth it to you.... don't forget to pick up eggs and tampons on the way home. Thank you for helping the rest of your fellow members BEnos addiction by buying through BE :bow: Welcome and thank you again, please stick around, you will learn and contribute tons of things over the years.

Before I get suspended for a couple of days for this post I am going to send a donation to BE because this site I use every day sure doesn't pay for itself!!! Time we open up the PayPal, folks :cheers:

In the past I have always ordered all my Dillon reloading equipment through BE. But on the last two orders, the last of which I'm still waiting for, it has taken a week or more for my order to arrive. Where as if ordered directly from Dillon it arrives in 2-3 days. Good example, I placed a order for a 9mm conversion kit over the last weekend through BE, a friend placed a order directly with Dillon on Monday. His order arrived on Wednesday, I'm still waiting for mine and UPS has already been by so that means I won't get it until sometime next week. And no tracking number to see if it was even shipped. Guess I'll be ordering directly from Dillon from now on.

I am a real hard azz as far as customer service goes. I give it and I expect it. If I have a problem, I deal with the vendor. If the vendor does nothing, I walk.

The service I have gotten from Brian exceeds my expectations. Fair prices and excellent service. If I need something he sells, that is where I will order. Never a question. I think your post here is bad form but that is your decision to make. Good luck with all your future orders where ever you decide to shop.

LMFAO. Seriously!?!?

Hbchewbaka, welcome to the forum. Just so there is no confusion, you are on brianenos.com/forum. That is the same gentleman that you are here flying your flag against. I could be terribly wrong, but I would say that you will probably run into little sympathy here. There are a lot of comp shooters, myself included, that BE has sold equipment to, fixed ordering issues for, and generally steered in the right direction. Now I will admit that I would like to click the buy button, enter my credit card number, and walk to my front door to await delivery in 5 min. But I am realistic, that is not in the cards.

I have more to say, some of which is not appropriate, so I will end with this: thanks BE for this forum, and for all the help, whether in the form of free shipping over $400 or ironing out a dillon order mistake with no fuss.

I've always had good service from Brian. That being said, I have to agree with the OP on this being the right spot for customer service comments. If those around you only post the good stuff you never find areas in which to improve. Since I've been associated with the forums and BrianEnoscom I have always seen change and good suggestions for improvement. Stop these type of posts and suggestions and you close the door for change. Now THAT being said, ILMAO on the thumb up the butt thing. :D

While I appreciate BE providing this forum I have to say those hammering the OP for voicing his complaint have convinced me to send my order on Monday direct to Dillon rather than BE simply because if I have a problem I will be allowed without being attacked to post my concerns about it.

Edited by retarmyaviator