Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Skittle Shooting

The HUGE D

Hi All,

I'm looking to find out about skittle shooting. Is there a governing body, National or International. Are there copies of rules available? Is there a minimum caliber required? Basically any information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Hugh

I'm curious too. Is there a season? Do ya need a license? Shotgun or rifle? Bag limit? How close can you get to shoot before you ruin the meat? How do you clean them? Anybody have a recipe? What's the fine if you're caught poaching? Do ya gettem' back if you beat the rap?

I have a suspicion it's a lot like bagging snipes. :roflol:

See below .... Prolly FIRST question should be what the hell is a skittle? :blink:

Edited by buckaroo45

When I first read this I figured Irish folks must be the most awesome-ist shots on the planet…and wondered how big the A-zone would be on a skittle! :D

The real Second Chance pin shoot rules are probably out there somewhere, I just didnt find them in a quick google. Found this, though, and this is a common format and rule-set as I recall (its been a long time since I shot bowling pins). Shooting head to head with another shooter who is close to your skill level is a lot of fun and also exciting to watch. If your skittles are like our bowling pins, be careful…they can throw the lead back at you!

http://mrcompletely.blogspot.com/2005/07/basic-pin-shoot-rules-and-guidelines.html

Good Luck in your quest.

edit: I see you found what you were looking before I hit the post button. Good Luck.

Edited by Bamboo

Ahoy Hugh,

You'd think that since I have a lot of Irish in my family tree I'd have at least heard the word. Ah, well. Ignorance CAN be cured. Stupid not so much. Just having a bit of fun. Good luck in your effort. :cheers:

I gotta get out more ...... :eatdrink:

Ahoy Hugh,

You'd think that since I have a lot of Irish in my family tree I'd have at least heard the word. Ah, well. Ignorance CAN be cured. Stupid not so much. Just having a bit of fun. Good luck in your effort. :cheers:

I gotta get out more ...... :eatdrink:

That's ok, I did realise you were kidding. Unfortunately I need as much information on Skittle, aka Bowling Pin, shooting as possible, as I have to justify to my Chief of Police as to why they should re-licence my SVI. Unfortunately the laws here are very strict, and 3 years ago they decided I, and many other pistol shooters here, could no longer have a licence for a CF pistol. So after much work by our legal team, court cases etc. we have now got a meeting to try and persuade him we have a justifiable reason to possess them. We want to be as prepared as possible.

Regards,

Hugh

What about to put the bad guys down? Seems that would be a most viable arguement.

That's not a reason here to have a firearm. In fact, if you put that on your application, it would be an instant refusal. As far as I know, the US is the only country in the world that citizens have a right to firearms. Lucky you!

Had my meeting last week, so should know the results in the next 3 weeks or so. Fingers crossed.