Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Too relaxed?

Hoffer

I have come to the conclusion I am too relaxed while practicing and even during a meet. I bought a heart-rate monitor and checked during practice.

My normal practice rate was around 80BPM. When I raised it to 100-110BPM the shots were faster and more accurate. Around 130+ it goes bad again.

This has made my live fire better. Always forget during dryfire, but I sure I will improve also.

This is probably one of the elements of getting in the zone. I'm just missing the other 10 elements :')

My background is racing cars/bikes and mostly drag racing which I think helps for Beep and go sports

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I find that my "head" is getting in the way of my game.

I use a Yoga routine of "square breathing" just before I'm on the deck. :closedeyes:

I breathe in on a 4 count.....hold for a 4 count...exhale on a 4 count...hold empty for a 4 count. I'll do 4-6 reps of this :D

I found that it clears my head and gets the body pumping...without exertion. :devil: :devil:

Just say'n

Edited by Carmine

Sometimes I find that my "head" is getting in the way of my game.

I use a Yoga routine of "square breathing" just before I'm on the deck. :closedeyes:

I breathe in on a 4 count.....hold for a 4 count...exhale on a 4 count...hold empty for a 4 count. I'll do 4-6 reps of this :D

I found that it clears my head and gets the body pumping...without exertion. :devil: :devil:

Just say'n

It's a biofeedback technique that works. Breathing and heart rate are both controlled by parasympathetic nerve fibers from the tenth cranial nerve, the Vagus nerve. By controlling breathing you can calm the heart and lower blood pressure. Lots of interesting studies on this subject.