Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What kind of glove to buy for Bianchi

Mr Unnatural

Hi

I want to start using a glove for the barricade event. What kind of glove is recommended. How much padding is advised.

Reading the rules it prohibited to be a support does this mean a velcro closing strap is a NO?

I've included a picture of the barricade at the WAPC and a picture by Julie G. of Rob Leatham practicing the barricade. Don't know if he uses the same glove in the match.

post-11063-0-43469400-1344455540_thumb.j

post-11063-0-46096700-1344455670_thumb.j

I have seen a whole range of gloves from tactical to what Jerry M uses (Knit Cotton). Golf gloves work good. I believe the reason for the glove is that the surface of the barricade is ruff and tends to scrape the hand when bracing on it. I should have used a glove as I shot a open revo with no wings and go burns from the cylinder gap. I suggest you go with what is compfy and what you are able to handle the firearm with. (don't want any dropped firearms)

As long as the Velcro strap is not behind the the pointy bit of the wrist bone it is not considered support. That is still part of the hand. I use an Uncle Mike Neoprene Duty Glove, 1/2size too small. On the weak hand only. A bit Michael Jackson but it works.

Similar note...Does anyone know if Germany has turning targets? If not, I want to be practicing with timer only.

thanks

If you had been watching "Doug Koenig's Championship Season" you would know. Oh, I forgot, the Mrs won't let you get that channel.:devil:

The answer to your question is they do have turning targets. They also have windows in the barricades.

The answer to your question is they do have turning targets.

sure we have ;-)

They also have windows in the barricades.

thats because of the german gun law.

we sportshooters are not allowed to shoot from behind a defence :ph34r:

Those are the first barricades I have seen that would allow you to actually run the Crawford Barricades with turning targets and the starting position as specified in the rule book!

"At the commence tire signal competitor must be standing in the shooting box with the palms of both hands centered on the face of the barricade directly in front of competitor's face"

:roflol:

Expect nothing, and ignore the gap. It is not there! DO everything like you would anywhere else you go.

We used to shoot with posts like PPC.

I believe you know me well enough to know that I don't take anything for granted. I won't be looking through the barricade anyway. It might be a little weird as at 10 yards I will get to see what Grant does.

I did notice that during recoil you could see some movement in the barricade. The barricades sit on 4 footers that looks like are in sand. Might have a wobble problem there. Of course we Hillbilly's are used to that as the barricades at Hinton are portable and the ground is not level.

The prone mats look like pieces of carpet but they are laying on top of something else.

I'll be paying close attention to the details once I get there.

yes.

the BDMP will inform the competitors about the german gun-law in front of the match.

to whom it may concern:

on sunday i lay down my office as deputy coordinator bianchicup germany and matchdirector WAPC

to whom it may concern:

on sunday i lay down my office as deputy coordinator bianchicup germany and matchdirector WAPC

This is not good. You have done a very good job of helping us feel easier about getting all the paperwork, ammo and travel arrangements.

I agree. You've done a great job, Dirk.

Tracy

• 5 weeks later...