Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone shooting Sig X-5 in competition?

JGus

If they tell u they are getting 23 40s&w in any 2011 with 140 mags. You need to tell the to stop! 22 maybe 23 never. Not legal not a chance. IMHO :devil::angry:

Sorry but I know for a fact that one of the guys I shoot with does have two mags that will hold and run with 23 rnds and it does fit the gauge.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did not have to do anything to the Hogue Extreme grips. I just purchased the ones made for the X-5 SAO and they fit perfectly. A heck of a lot more grip than the OEM plastic versions... even more than the Nils too.

Where did you order the Hogue grips for the X-5? I can find them for the standard P226 but not the X-5.

Thanks.

JGus, I was just on the Hogue site and if you look for the P226 and click down you will see they include the x5 All Around as well. You need to select your grip from the P226 options and they tell you at the top (see red *) they will modify for free to fit the x5 all around.

I just picked up a new X5 All Around 9mm to shoot in Production Class. What holsters are you guys using or could recommend?

I use and would recommend a Blade Tech.

I assume it must be their SRB model as I don't see any others that would work for production.

I just picked up a new X5 All Around 9mm to shoot in Production Class. What holsters are you guys using or could recommend?

I use and would recommend a Blade Tech.

I assume it must be their SRB model as I don't see any others that would work for production.

That is correct.

I assume it must be their [bladetech's] SRB model as I don't see any others that would work for production.

When you talk about the SRB holster, are you talking about this one?

I'm very interested to hear opinions on this. I've been using a Blackhawk SERPA, but I'd like to get a "real" holster without retention buttons. Are both the Black Ice DOH and the Speed Rig D/OS illegal for production?

In case it matters, I'm using (for now) a P226 TacOps in 9mm.

Ausman,

The upper portion of your grips on the sides, is that Grip Tape?

I like the little strip right about the checkered front strap too. On my Sigs, I've always had a full piece of tape on the entire frontstrap area, and used the grips to hold down the edges of the tape so it doesn't peel up. it works great.

I assume it must be their [bladetech's] SRB model as I don't see any others that would work for production.

When you talk about the SRB holster, are you talking about this one?

I'm very interested to hear opinions on this. I've been using a Blackhawk SERPA, but I'd like to get a "real" holster without retention buttons. Are both the Black Ice DOH and the Speed Rig D/OS illegal for production?

In case it matters, I'm using (for now) a P226 TacOps in 9mm.

Ausman,

The upper portion of your grips on the sides, is that Grip Tape?

I like the little strip right about the checkered front strap too. On my Sigs, I've always had a full piece of tape on the entire frontstrap area, and used the grips to hold down the edges of the tape so it doesn't peel up. it works great.

No, I was referring to the "SRB (Sting Ray Belt Holster)IDPA Approved" for Sig P226 X5 All Around and it appears there are few holsters out there for the X5 All Around. It is not dropped and offset as I think that may run afoul of one of the rules (not a holster expert.

You might want to consider for your 226 the Double Alpha sells a nice holster that has a lining that keeps the pistol from getting all marked up from the kydex. I use one for my 1911 and love it.

I use a Bladetech DOH Holster for USPSA production. Because the AlRound has some heft to it the Gun Handle was tilting to far away from the belt to be legal. I installed some washers on the bottom between the mount and the holster to kick the Gun Handle back towards the belt. I like the setup a lot.

Jay

• 1 month later...

I shoot my X-5 Tactical in 9mm in IDPA ESP. Just starting to settle into the finer points of the gun now. It's awesome. Had to shave the safety down a hair to fit the IDPA box, but otherwise she's been good to go. Loves to eat the 147gr home loads all day long and recoil is a joke. Just wish Sig would release an IDPA compliant version when brand new.

I shoot my X-5 Tactical in 9mm in IDPA ESP. Just starting to settle into the finer points of the gun now. It's awesome. Had to shave the safety down a hair to fit the IDPA box, but otherwise she's been good to go. Loves to eat the 147gr home loads all day long and recoil is a joke. Just wish Sig would release an IDPA compliant version when brand new.

LOL

i wish SIG would release a uspsa compliant version too!

I used my X5 Level 1 in 9mm for informal steel challenge shooting recently.

The pistol is reliable, but the magazine well is too small for an effective grip and the trigger has some indefinite/vague pre-travel.

Overall, I like it, but the trigger is not as good as my CZ Tactical Sport (for my needs), nor are the sights

In summary, I would rather shoot a modified glock 17l or plain CZ TS and save the money.

I will likely sell the X5 L1 soon....

Just curious as to how many people are shooting the Sig P226 X-5 (any model X-5) in any type of competition?

I shoot USPSA Limited with a Sig P226 X-5 Competition model in .40s&w. Most of the people in my area are shooting Limited with an STI Edge, Para P16-40, Springfield Xdm 5.25", and the occasional Glock and M&P. A few shoot a Sig P226 in Production, but I'm the ONLY person I've ever seen shooting the X-5.

I own a few other guns that I could use in Limited competition (STI Tactical 5.0, Para P16-40, EAA Witness Elite Match, all in .40s&w), but I really prefer my X-5. Obviously I'm in the minority.

For some reason it just doesn't seem to be a very popular model with the competition shooters.

The pistol is reliable, but the magazine well is too small for an effective grip and the trigger has some indefinite/vague pre-travel.

Sending the gun for a little quality time with Bruce Gray will fix this issue.

Overall, I like it, but the trigger is not as good as my CZ Tactical Sport (for my needs), nor are the sights

In summary, I would rather shoot a modified glock 17l or plain CZ TS and save the money.

I'll happily take that heavy vague-trigger-having paper weight off your hands! :cheers:

I've read he does good work, but I can't justify paying another $300+ to improve a trigger that already cost $2200+ (and is therefore expected to be excellent). Then again, it is the consumables (ammunition, range fees, etc....) that are far more expensive in the long run for this sport.

Sending the gun for a little quality time with Bruce Gray will fix this issue.

I'll happily take that heavy vague-trigger-having paper weight off your hands! :cheers:

I shoot an X5 Allround in Production. Love it. I use a Blade-Tech Holster, with dropped offset. Only thing I've changed is to put on Hogue grips. Beginning part of this season I was running grip tape on the grip panels. Dropped that in favor of the G10 grips.

• 4 weeks later...

JWeber.. yes that is grip tape on the sides of my grips. In fact I have quite a bit strategically placed in different spots. I LOVE a real sticky grip! In fact the first time I used the X5 L1 with the new tape on it.. I got some minor amounts of epidermis removed on my fingers. But now the pistol is like it is littered with suction cups.

Shoot an x-5 AR in production. Was told recently by an avid IDPA shooter that they are going to a 43 oz rule for SSP next year "supposably" so it may be IDPA legal for ssp next year.

I use a leather Alessi holster and mag pouches. Not as quick as K-dex but looks and feels real nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I shoot three 9x19 x-5 and a 9x19 x-6 in PPC,

X-five SO SAO in stock semi auto,

X-5 std in Dist pistol,

X-five open build for the new PPC class OPEN

and a high grade rebuilt X-six for pistol 1500 with a short frame weight, IGB 1/16 barrel and tungsten guide rod for 1911 springs.

For IPSC Im using the x-five open gun but I need more rounds in the magazines to be better, 20 rounds is not good enough.

• 3 months later...

When I first started shooting in USPSA, in 1993, I ran a stock 226. Back then, there was just limited and open and I was at a serious disadvantage.

I shot it, and won state production championship, I think 200-2001? Then, thought I could do better with a Glock. WRONG. Then, a few years back, switched to M&P. I put the APEX competiton trigger kit in, and really liked the feel. Accuracy wasn't great, about 2" at 25 yards. Now several K later, my bbl has a burr on the front of the hood, and accuracy has gone to 6"+ at 25 yards. Right now, the M&P is at the factory.

I picked up a lightly used Allround, that has a fibre optic front sight, and has apparently had some trigger work done to it. The accuracy is about as good as any of my other custom guns, with my eyes being the worst factor, for me to shoot for accuracy. I think I'm going to run it this year in Production. I only wish I could use it for IDPA too, but, as stated by others, it's way too heavy.