Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 USPSA Revolver Nationals

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can hear Rob screaming all the way from over here. Between Matt and Rob, Jerry was probably screaming too. Pretty good from about 5 month of shooting matches to get ready. I was suprised to see Nils entered in the match this morning. That I know of, he never shot a match at Rio to get ready for the nationals Nice going Nils

Ahhh the morning after. And it still feels good.

Wanted to thank USPSA and PASA and the 1911 Society for going the extra mile and making the 2013 USPSA Revolver Nationals a huge success! The match maxed out and yet we were done shooting by 5pm. I don't think anyone made it through without a foul up somewhere but everyone seemed to be enjoying it so much, it didn't sour the day.

Personal thanks to all who were on Squad 12, great to see the usual suspects Hop A Long and his great wife, really great to meet a bunch of new competitors. The squad was a pleasure to be on. The match was one not to have been missed.

Think it needs to be on the agenda for next year for everyone.

Ahhh the morning after. And it still feels good.

Wanted to thank USPSA and PASA and the 1911 Society for going the extra mile and making the 2013 USPSA Revolver Nationals a huge success! The match maxed out and yet we were done shooting by 5pm. I don't think anyone made it through without a foul up somewhere but everyone seemed to be enjoying it so much, it didn't sour the day.

Personal thanks to all who were on Squad 12, great to see the usual suspects Hop A Long and his great wife, really great to meet a bunch of new competitors. The squad was a pleasure to be on. The match was one not to have been missed.

Think it needs to be on the agenda for next year for everyone.

I would like to echo the above and send out a big thanks to the guys in Squad 11. I enjoyed shooting with you.

x3 for me... match ran like clockwork... which is really important in a one day format..

it was a lot of fun to have that much talent at one match.... my squad was ahead of Annette and Elliot's and behind Tony's and Nil's so I did get to see some other squads shoot...

my squad was awesome as always... next year will be bigger and better as this year was a success...

my squad finished 15th, 24th, 28th, 36th, 40th, 43rd, 64th, 81st, and 111th

we showed the crossover single stack guys a good time.....

I was a little concerned about the lack of information prior to the match, but everything after the shooters meeting was great. Loved the stages. Most could be shot several different ways.

I truly enjoyed the match, but I am still perplexed by my ammo going minor. I'll have to figure that issue out once I get the chance to chrono my ammo again back home. Something went wrong with my ammo and right now I have no idea what. The match was great along with the members of the squad I was with. This match and the Memphis Charity Challenge matches I have participated in are the two best matches I have had the chance to participate in.

Oh well, now I can focus on getting ready for the US Fencing Nationals. . .

Edited by Blueridge

PASA draws upon a group of highly competent and experienced people to organize and run its matches, and everybody did a great job this year. I want to thank the staff and ROs, most of whom had already worked the entire SS match during the previous three days.

Before the match started, I heard a couple people grumbling that there were no big-running 32-round field courses. However, I think it became clear that the stages were quite challenging and offered plenty of options for free-style engagement. There was plenty of required movement and a good mixture of close and long targets. Even though the match was only 225 rounds, we were all tired and knew we had shot a "big match" by the time it was over.

Congratulations to Jerry for his well-earned victory. As you can see on the LiveShots videos, Jerry shot a very smart and controlled match. I'm sure he was tempted several times to kick it up a gear, but that would have spelled disaster at this match, and he knew it. Rob shot the match better than anyone--the results show he had no penaties, no misses, and not even any D hits!--but his foot movement was a little slow while he was performing his reloads, and his times were just a tick off the pace. If Rob continues to work with his wheelguns, I predict he will be the one to beat next year. Matt and Rich both shot wonderfully overall, but each had a costly glitch or two during the match that cost them too many match points--both of them are more than capable of winning this match in the future.

On our way home, Sam and I agreed that it was a real privilege to participate in the 2013 USPSA Revolver Nationals. It was definitely one to remember!

It was fun watching this match... I don't usually get a chance to watch the Revolver shooters at the back-to-back Nationals... There's a lot of math involved in some of the stages, figuring out what targets to shoot from where and what number of rounds from each position.

I thought the match was a lot of fun and would definitely go back, even though it is in Illinois :P They mentioned before the match that there was not one single no show which I think speaks volumes about the dedication of the revolver shooting community. Hopefully this gets the ball rolling and we see a bit more growth in Revolver Division.

It was also great to see Rob win the prize for best shooter from both matches combined. Good work!

-ld

While my butt was dragging somewhat after the SS Nationals, I have not seen many shooters who had a better time than the revo folks. I look forward to seeing another such match. Maybe I won't be so tired on the next one:)

Gary

Edited by Gary Stevens

I had a great time. A well run match for sure. Thanks to all the staff, RO's, setup folks, etc for their hard work. I was worn out the next day but it was well worth it. didn't shoot as well as I would have like, but...........next year I'll be better prepared and oh yes, I'll be back.

Whomever is running the chrono stage next year I suggest that you get ready. I will make major and suggest that you hang on when you light my loads off. That 190PF that I saw listed this year might get exceeded by me next year. And don't you worry because ALL of my reloads will be that strong. You will be able to find me wherever I will be and get random ammo to test a second time if you doubt the results from the first test. You might want to get a heavy duty shooting glove. Just remember to be prepared for the .45 Colt ammunition, it will be mine. Don't even think about crying foul because I will be using the same ammunition that you will be testing. If you don't think that you can handle it, then step aside for someone who can.

Just sayin'

You have been put on notice

Edited by Blueridge

Well it looks to have worked out pretty well. Congrats to USPSA, Single Stack Society, PASA Park, Jerry, and Annette the two 1st time National Champions at a Stand Alone Nationals.......Well deserved wins By the Way.

Squad 12 was a Blast to shoot with. Thanks to all in the squad for putting up with a slow crippled guy. Thanks especially to my Wife Elizabeth for all the help and encouragement !!!!!!!!!

Hopalong

If I could shoot half as good as I reload, I could do some damage to you guys.

IMG_0184_zpsa0d8c5d8.jpg

For the record I had the same exact variance at Memphis last year.

Blueridge my services are available, but they won't come cheap! :devil:

Just got back from Barry to MT. I have to say I didn't shoot any where near where I am capable but I had a hell of a good time at both the Single Stack and Revo matches. Revo was a huge eye opener. Shooting a stock 625 showed me a lot of things I need to work on to improve my game. We had an awesome squad for the revo match to include Mr. Doug Carden of DC Ammo. A big thanks to him for all his helpful advice. I'll be going again next year.

Whomever is running the chrono stage next year I suggest that you get ready. I will make major and suggest that you hang on when you light my loads off. That 190PF that I saw listed this year might get exceeded by me next year. And don't you worry because ALL of my reloads will be that strong. You will be able to find me wherever I will be and get random ammo to test a second time if you doubt the results from the first test. You might want to get a heavy duty shooting glove. Just remember to be prepared for the .45 Colt ammunition, it will be mine. Don't even think about crying foul because I will be using the same ammunition that you will be testing. If you don't think that you can handle it, then step aside for someone who can.

Just sayin'

You have been put on notice

That snubbie on roids was loud enough as is! I feel sorry for whoever you squad with, much less the poor chrono guy!