Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 USPSA Revolver Nationals

I must be missing something myself. I can see the entry list but dont see any squad info. Doesnt make a lot of difference as dont think anyone else from my state is going but curious if will know anyone I am shooting with.

Within 10 Min. you'll know them all

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't post the stages, Pat. They never post the stages for the SSN and I'm sure this year won't be any different.

But not to worry.....I've shot the last 6 or 7 SSNs and they never have any super-memory stages or anything so elaborate that you need a bunch of heavy-duty walk-through. The stages will be straightforward with reasonable rount count.

Plan on a longer-range standards stage with a par time. They will use Bianchi-style turning targets, so you won't have to worry about overtime shots. Be sure you know where your gun is sighted out to 50 yds.

They always have an all-steel stage--that one you will want to look over carefully, since they always hide small poppers behind the big ones and it's easy to move on to the next port and not realize that you still have one of those little ones standing there looking at you! (Don't ask how I know.....)

They might (or might not) have a dark house, so be thinking about how to make a reload in the dark while juggling a flashlight.

Otherwise, the match will be mixture of minimal-movement speed drills and moderate-movement field courses that are simple to plan out, yet deceptively tricky to shoot. They also love partial targets and no-shoots, so avoiding misses and no-shoot penalties is critical.

Edited by Carmoney

Was wondering about prone also, seems I heard it's a 6 second thing?

I tend to shoot high at 50 also, I loosen up my grip more in practice. But in a match always seems a bit closer, don't loosen up the grip under pressure. So do some 50 under a timer and go off of that sight in.

It might very well not be the full 50 yards. They have varied the tasks and the par times over the years. I think (but am not sure) that last year's went to 35 yards.

Pretty sure I have never seen anybody go prone.....but I believe it would be allowed.....depending on the par time, it may not be a viable option.

It might very well not be the full 50 yards. They have varied the tasks and the par times over the years. I think (but am not sure) that last year's went to 35 yards.

Pretty sure I have never seen anybody go prone.....but I believe it would be allowed.....depending on the par time, it may not be a viable option.

Unknown distance. Unknown time. How's a guy suppose to "groove it in". Geez.

"Unknown distance. Unknown time. How's a guy suppose to "groove it in". Geez."

Is this the IRC? Is this the near and far standards? Nope. Just bring your whole toolbox with you.

Nope. Just bring your whole toolbox with you.

Anyone know where I can pick up a 35-50 yard shot for my toolbox by next weekend? :roflol:

I'm looking for one for the SSN - you can borrow mine after Saturday!

Hey! Why don't one of you single stack shooters post the stages Friday night. What's the harm at that point? It would give Wolfe and I somthing to think about on the flight over Saturday morning. See you soon. Richard

I hope to have video online on Friday. If I can get a good 3G/4G connection then the videos will be up within a few minutes of the competitor's run otherwise they should be up that evening on www.liveshots.net

Hey! Why don't one of you single stack shooters post the stages Friday night. What's the harm at that point? It would give Wolfe and I somthing to think about on the flight over Saturday morning. See you soon. Richard

Richard, I am so ashamed of you for thinking of that dastardly method to get an advantage... But more ashamed of myself for not thinking of it...;) See you nest week? later rdd

We're only a week out now, boys! :cheers:

Looks like 119 revolver shooters are signed up for next Sunday. It appears that the SS Nats is going to have a great turn-out also: 407 single-stack shooters are signed up, which is substantially more than the 310 who shot the match last year.

Gotta give credit to Phil and Rob and whoever else was involved in the decision to hook the Revo Nats onto the SSN. I wasn't completely sure I liked the idea at first, but you really can't argue with those numbers.

******UPDATE********

DC AMMO is sponsoring a social gathering at the match hotel Saturday night. I don't know if we will get a room or the hotel lobby, but when I asked if I could bring a keg in the desk lady said...."Yea, no problem...."

Needless to day, I will update here and put up information at the range as well.

......before Cliff asks, I will get Coors light....

Stop by and have a cold one, and talk some old school Single Stack/Wheelgun fun with us there!

DougC

Edited by DougCarden

******UPDATE********

DC AMMO is sponsoring a social gathering at the match hotel Saturday night. I don't know if we will get a room or the hotel lobby, but when I asked if I could bring a keg in the desk lady said...."Yea, no problem...."

Needless to day, I will update here and put up information at the range as well.

Stop by and have a cold one, and talk some old school Single Stack/Wheelgun fun with us there!

DougC

I'll bring hard boiled eggs and pickled bologna for snacks. That's awesome!

Thanks DC! I'm gonna stop by. :bow: You gonna have diet sprint too? :cheers: Can Duke come too?

And, talked a friend and great shooter into the wheel gunning, he just got the gun today--- Way To Go Duke! That gun won't be ready but, he received a loaner from Keith U. with all Keith's gear. Duke went out today and crono'ed his rounds, wouldn't you know it. 4.2 grains of Clays over 230gr Zero FMJ. Point of interest. Keith's gun is right on at 50.

******UPDATE********

DougC

******UPDATE********

DougC

I'll bring hard boiled eggs and pickled bologna for snacks. That's awesome!

I would like to go...but... I have been banned from Beer and pickled eggs by my travel pards. Even when I have my own window...And I blame the dog...:) later rdd